Beanbag
Monday, May 3, 2010 x 7:05 PM
My beanbag has been revived! It looks like it could do with a few beans even though we emptied 100L of beans into it. It's quite comfy though. If a bit noisy. And slightly plastic-smelling. I'm sure it'll be in prime condition soon!
First day of proper school in an entire month. It was a kind of bludge day, to be honest. My class no longer has an economics teacher because ours is away on leave for 'personal reasons' and our original teacher is still recovering from hand surgery. We might have another teacher, or they might be arranging for a casual teacher. I'm not sure if it's a good thing that we're changing teachers; the teacher we had didn't teach in a method suitable for me. Too many sheets to study from. It really depends on how they teach. Let's hope we don't get a bad teacher.
We got our biology test results back. I guess I did alright, although I did hit one of my pet peeves when it comes to marks. I got 0 for one of the questions because I didn't know what it was asking for. XD I was pretty sure the nucleus wasn't a substance, but I didn't even think of carbohydrates or lipids during test, and just wrote something to make it look like I tried. What a waste of two marks; I memorised that stuff!
English... sat there reading boring Othello. I haven't started reading that stack of Othello notes Mr Down gave us. XD; I shall, err, get started on that sometime this year. I still have to do photography. I bought the cardboard with my mummy today so I'll get started on it after I get home tomorrow. I should be able to finish it before tutoring, and afterwards study for the test. I'm so halfhearted about the test. We didn't even learn anything test-worthy and photography is a subject I don't need to worry about.
OH. Bike riding is so awesome! It's such a refreshing sport! We just get a bike and ride all over the park. It's brilliant because you can go anywhere you like. We were teaching a friend how to ride a bike and somehow succeeded within ten minutes. o.o We didn't ride too much today, but we will next time. It's got great scenery and atmosphere.
I'm so not in the mood to do work. I shall just procrastinate the night away. Maybe look for a few songs... maybe soul isn't my kind of thing. I went through a few soul artist songs and they're a bit too upbeat. I think I just stumbled on some of Miho Fukuhara's slower songs. I do have a few English soul songs though. I think I'll just go back to being the genre-wandering person who sticks to 'oooh, that song sounds nice'.
Time to turn my calendar for May. Stupid exams ate up my April... on a brighter note, at least the economics competition is cancelled! ... On a more depressing note, it seems like the marking criteria for the eco exam is really strict, which meeeaaanssss... ooh, mantou!