Determination
Monday, May 10, 2010 x 6:34 PM
Okay, did pretty badly in my English test. If my physics test was borderline passable, English is even more borderline. I'm not surprised by the mark though, since I didn't have any particular expectations to begin with. Essays and I don't get along. We seem to have moved on from media tasks where we're given a text and questions to answer on it. I must familiarise myself with essays before I flunk the HSC. I think the teacher marking it was a bit strict, but mostly I think I didn't answer the question properly or link my texts well. I was aware that I was making useless stuff up on the spot in the test. I shall revise my essay. =D ... When I can be bothered.
Yep, my report is not going to look handsome. I pretty much always get bad half-yearly reports. Hopefully my yearly report will improve. I keep resolving to try harder but never really push myself to the limits because I'm a lazy person who doesn't like doing extra work. XD
Oh well, let's make another resolution to try harder then. In the words of the teachers at my school who I suspect have all swallowed a thesaurus sometime during their lives; I shall strive for diligence, conscientious behaviour and exemplary performance. God, I almost died at that medal ceremony at assembly today!
Bike riding was so awesome today. We went exploring and rode through this bumpy, muddy track that apparently gave off graveyard vibes. I couldn't tell. My imagination isn't vivid enough. :O Or maybe that's just because I don't watch Ghost Whisperer. Or it could be that I was too busy focusing on how much my butt ached from the bumpy track. My friends say we're going to go back there next week. Note to self: do not ride sitting down.
I bought a folder from Woolworths. Hopefully my bookshelf will look a tad bit more organised now. My mum keeps knocking my books over when she gets her meditation books. ==;
I want to do the Red Shield Appeal thing. D: I've always wanted to do it. We'll see, since assignments seem to be drawing close. It's only for two hours though and most likely in the morning. I'd wake up at eleven on a weekend anyway, so why not contribute to a good cause? :3
I've started reading the humongous pile of Othello notes my English teacher gave us. I read them when I'm eating meals, since that's the only time I'm likely to sit down and torture myself. I don't even know if I'm taking anything in.
I am so sad that I have bookmarked the SMH website. I even replaced it with my forum bookmark to give it space on the toolbar so I would remember to check it out. I'm supposed to be keeping in touch with the economics news, but I've just been looking at the regular news and the currency rates. News highlight of the day? A bloke who doesn't need to eat or drink.
Hax much? :L