Red Shield Appeal

Sunday, May 30, 2010 x 12:27 PM

Getting up early was such a pain. @_@ I was glued to the bed. Haha, getting up normal school time and going out in uniform on a Sunday. We did all the paperwork and stuff and got assigned two streets. One was a part of Homebush Road and another was Holm... something. Holmwood? The guy driving us didn't know where to go so we got off at the wrong part of Homebush Road for a few minutes. A lady came up to us and wanted to donate. How nice. XD Then we figured out where we were supposed to be and drove off again.

Anyway, we split up into groups of two to do either side of the street.

At Homebush Road: We got nothing from there. Mainly because they were all big houses with locked gates and no one home. So we left them envelopes in the mail.
At Holmwood Ave: SUCCESS. We had people answering doors at the very least. I loved that street. :3

Okay, so we didn't end up collecting that much money. We didn't even get over $100. D: The other pair were so much more successful. They got the better side of the street! Someone gave them $40! We had a few people saying that they didn't want to donate, but our low profit was mainly due to no one answering the door at Homebush Road.

However, today was very, very eventful. It was so much fun:
1. Shri and I had no luck on our odd side of Homebush Road so we stole one of the even side's houses and earned $2 (our only profit from that street!) and Jenny spent the rest of the day glaring at Shri.
2. Shri finished writing a receipt for one house, walked into the next and was like "Where's my pen?" We walk out and it's lying on the footpath.
3. Irene opened a gate that said Beware of Dog and she and Jenny came bursting out of the house running. Shri and I, staring down the street, were expecting a devilish hound to jump out after them and were contemplating if we were supposed to run too.
4. The mechanical garage door of one of the houses slowly slid up while we were walking past and I, relieved to see PEOPLE in their houses, was like 'omg person!' And then Shri and I found ourselves staring at a petite dog. Dun dun DUUUUUNNNN- dog.

Ahh, good times. We're so doing it again next year - and getting the better side of the street! I walked home afterward because the bus wasn't going to come in half an hour anyway. So instead of waiting, I walked half an hour looking like a dork in school uniform on a Sunday. XD

Haha, a conversation with my mum this morning:
Mum: Since my daughter's doing charity, I'll have to sponsor her, won't I?
Me: Well, you don't really have to...
Mum: Nah, I'll donate $10.
Me: Okay, fine... but what if other people come knocking on our door?
Mum: I won't answer, of course. I donated to my daughter! 8D

And in the end no one came to our place. XD

Oh, and my fail moment of the day: I tried to put on my jumper without taking the hanger out.

And now I shall memorise my economics essay. Or try to, anyway. I finished it early and still ended up doing it last minute. TTwTT Well, it's not my fault! I spent yesterday doing an English essay. At least I finished that. Although I found myself without enough to write. Stupid English. My most feared subject. My mid year report for English is seriously going to be so bad.

Eco timeeee. I think I know exactly what's going to happen. I'll be able to memorise the essay but will still screw up the test because I didn't do the actual essay properly. >.> It's exactly the kind of thing that would happen to me. Oh well, I can't really improve on it anymore. I've decided to write it this way and it's too late to change it now. I'll blow my head trying to memorise it. ><

2 Comments