Surprise fail

Saturday, May 1, 2010 x 6:57 PM

I swear my mummy is the most difficult person to buy a present for. I die every single Mother's Day! And birthday too! I spent so long trying to think of what I could get her. She's not materialistic, so you have to get her something practical that she finds useful or you'll feel that you might as well have gotten her nothing. Today, I broke the world record for complaining about my mother.

I'm surprised I actually bought something today. I thought I'd just wander around indecisively and feel satisfied that I've tried looking for a present. I think being in DFO made me feel like buying something. There's so many discounts. o.o Nothing is ever the price that's printed on the tag. I got 30% off for the coat I bought my mummy, which was rather easy to calculate seeing as it was originally $100. It takes so much effort deciding when I splurge. I had to think about it fitting my mum, if she would wear it, how it would look on her - and eventually I got tired of trying to decide and just bought it. xD

I tried to stuff the coat into my bag so I could smuggle it in without my parents noticing, but it didn't fit. Mum kept nagging me to show her because she'd never cared about receiving presents on the day. I was like "But still!", except there wasn't really much surprise left anyway. So I just gave it to her. I can't tell if she really likes it or not, but at least she didn't seem disappointed. I know she needs a thick jacket for winter. She's definitely gotten fatter though. ==; She couldn't button it up. :L Well, I kind of expected that, seeing as the shape of the coat wasn't really tailored for a, uh, chubby person like her. She doesn't really button her jackets, though the collar does look funny. Oh well, it'll have to do. My brain will fry if I try to think of another present. DX

We had a laugh over Mum's chubbiness:
Mum: I can't button it!!!
Me and Dad: Well, here's your goal - LOSE WEIGHT!

It was highly amusing. I doubt she'll succeed though. xD

Also, I was told to buy a spanky thing today. It's actually a feather duster but 'spanky thing' is so much more exotic. I was actually glad that the shops we went into didn't sell them (although it's ridiculous that they don't) because there was no way I was going to walk around with a giant feather duster. The cabbage episode was bad enough. D:

I'm going to regret letting my mum see her present when Mother's Day rolls around... but I'm just glad I got her something this year. It's always so hard to think of what to get her. The world's most troublesome mother. Some people have all the luck. x.x

1 Comments