Lights out

Tuesday, June 29, 2010 x 10:06 PM

Eventful day today. Kinda.

Well actually, the only real eventful thing was my desk lamp dying on me around half an hour ago. It was working fine before I went off to have dinner! D: Now it won't turn on and we're pretty sure it short-circuited or something. So I can't use my desktop computer because the room light isn't bright enough for comfort. Mum's going to buy a new lamp tomorrow. As long as it's an upright one with the right brightness and height, it's good enough for me. The current (broken) lamp lasted years. It came with us when we moved from our old house. And when the lights in our new place (current home) kept going out every now and then, we'd stick my good ol' lamp into the dark bathroom so we could have a non-creepy shower. I've studied and watched anime and practically lived in my room with that lamp. RIP, bright friend D:

Oh, I just remembered what the other eventful thing was. Kinda eventful thing. I think I actually lost my USB this time. I went to the computer rooms and everything and checked places where it could have turned up. It's a pretty sleek USB too so I wouldn't be surprised if someone took it. I can easily get another one but I kind of had photography stuff in there. Guess I'll be spending photography lesson tomorrow trying to recall the process I used to created my photoshop image. I can replicate the stuff I had on it so I can afford to be amused by this incident. I should've lost my USB ages ago. I'm forgetful so I've lost it loads of times. It just kept coming back to me; once, an office girl was even sent to give it back to me :L To be fair, the USB I lost this time isn't the lucky one that I've lost a billion times. Maybe that one is just special.

Finally done with tutoring this term. Whoo! Calculus is just blowing my mind. x.x I'm so lost. I can kind of do it at the time if they set it out for me and I have notes to refer to. But at the same time, I can't do it because I don't know the basics. I'm just doing it because I'm told to. I'm not acquainted with it at all.

Three more days till holidays! I've got homework and biology to do... yeeaaahhh, I'll worry about that later. I actually plan to go out this holidays. First, a trip to the city. I need to get earphones, look at portable hard drives and go to Kinokuniya because I love that place. Then another day, I'll trudge down to Campsie library or something and saddle up myself with books for my winter holiday hibernation. Need to get back into the habit of reading!

2 Comments