MOOOOOOONNNN

Tuesday, June 15, 2010 x 8:49 PM

I saw the prettiest moon. Ever.

I never thought I'd say this but - I love tutoring. For dragging me out of the house so I could see that super pretty moon. The crescent was shining so brightly and there was a bright little star near it. I kept twisting and turning in the car so I could keep staring at it. And on the way back I kept twisting and turning to see it again but I couldn't find it. :( The phase probably passed. I would've liked to have something concrete of that sight, like a photo, but memories are best :3

I kept thinking the star was Venus while I was staring at it. I don't know why the thought came to mind, but it did. Probably because I was rather obsessed with astronomy as a kid and headed straight to the astronomy section of the library (520-529 XD) even though I never actually borrowed any books from there. I just liked space back then, I suppose. Either random facts stuck with me or I had another of my random intuition moments...

Anyway, according to this site - IT ACTUALLY WAS VENUS. Sure, it's not rare but it's just so mind-boggling that I saw another planet. It's so awesomeeeee! 83 And according to that same site... is there a chance I'll see Mars tomorrow? o.o

I think the next physics topic is stuff about the solar system. It probably won't be stuff like this but one can hope. =D

If only I could teleport to a rural area to stargaze... and if only said rural area had wifi.

0 Comments