Beneath Clouds
Friday, July 16, 2010 x 3:13 PM
I figured there was an intuitive reason behind my distaste for torrents even though I'd never downloaded one. It took ten and a half hours for me to download a film I needed to watch for English extension. That's probably the norm for some torrents and I'm just glad I managed to get my hands on Beneath Clouds without having to do anything bothersome. But I don't think I'll be using torrents again anytime soon. If it wasn't essential that I watched a post-colonial film, I would have just ditched that torrent :L
I got around to starting my biology assignment last night. Lucky it's fairly straightforward - well, part A is; part B looks bothersome - because I can't really get my head into it. I keep thinking of biology as something I can drop. I can't think any better of it. If I keep thinking like that, I'd probably be better off doing 4U English and flunking it than spend another year moaning about bio DX
Just finished reading... mental blank. *checks title* Vanishing Acts by Jodi Picoult. You'd think I'd know the title of the book but I don't XD An alright book, I guess. I noticed a while ago that Jodi Picoult always incorporates legal stuff into her books. And after reading Vanishing Acts, I realised that the clinching point for her books isn't the ending, but the journey. Her books are always thick and if you dissect them, you won't find much about the plot itself. There's always side stories and developments that build up so much that two-thirds into the book, you already know the ending isn't important.Well, except for My Sister's Keeper. That's definitely my favourite Picoult book, and with good reason ;D
Ah, I love reading. I haven't read in so long, but the feeling that comes with finishing a book is still the same. I miss reading the days of practically reading a book per day and writing fanfiction at every opportunity. I kind of phased out of that because of the internet, but the instinct's still there. I'm just too lazy to dig it back up, but imma do that one of these days. Well, maybe when winter goes away and I can sit on my beanbag without getting frostbite on my toes. Cold wind from the balcony blows right in x.x