Lost child: Y/N?

Sunday, July 4, 2010 x 9:41 PM

I didn't get lost at the city today =D Well, not too much. JB Hi-Fi didn't have the earphones or hard drive I wanted (well, they did have the latter but I didn't recognise it) so I decided to head down to Officeworks. I then made a discovery: I can't read maps to save my life. @_@ I came out at Galeries Victoria, tried to find where I was on a map on my ipod (you saved my life, air con D: ), failed, tried coming out from the other side, failed again, and finally figured I'd try the QVB exit since it looked easier to locate. My intuition was correct! Tip for reading maps: find a corner.

You have no idea how many times I looked at that map. No. Idea. But as a result, I now know how to get to Officeworks :3 It has been added to the list of places in the city that I can get to without getting lost. I even discovered a simpler route on my way back to QVB that would have made my life a lot easier on the first journey.

Officeworks didn't have the hard drive I wanted in 320GB, or in the colour I would have preferred. It only had 500GB in silver or black. I bought it anyway even though I didn't need that many GB. That was about $150 gone. >.> I wasn't keen on trying another brand of earphones (I've bought practically half the in-ear earphones on the market anyway) so I just bought my old ones again. I remembered that they were more expensive than all the others, but I hadn't realised they were forty bucks.

I shall list a few thoughts that ran through my mind at the time:
I sure know how to pick 'em.
I swear it wasn't $40 when I bought them with my mum the first time... am I really going to spend $40 on earphones?
Well, they did last longer than all my other earphones and I quite liked them... it's quality over quantity, I guess... wait, that doesn't work for this case. Quality over... umm... anywayyyyy - $40...?

I still bought them >< When I decide I'm going to buy something, I usually don't change my mind even if it's more expensive than I anticipated. Although I must say, spending $40 on earphones was plain ridiculous even to me. I'm not picky about quality as long as it doesn't sound funny and I don't use my earphones for anything professional. My Asian stinginess sprang to life and complained more about the earphones than it did about the hard drive, which was almost 4x the price. So I guess it must be fate which decreed what happened next.

I went back to Galeries Victoria and spent a while at Kinokuniya. In a remarkable display of restraint, I managed to convince myself out of buying a book I spent ten minutes staring at. XD It felt too early to go home when I left so I just randomly walked onto George Street, passed Dick Smith and walked in. I thought I'd compare prices for the sake of it. They didn't have my hard drive but guess what? They had my earphones for $30 ==;

Sooooooo... I went all the way back to Officeworks to refund. XD Because 1) I feel less guilty spending $30 on earphones than $40 2) I had plenty of time to kill 3) I have Asian blood in me. So I saved $10. I'm so proud of myself T^T I'm also proud that I didn't buy that book when I went back to kino again. I swear I was 75% going to buy it x.x

I love my hard drive 8D It felt so good migrating my heavy files. I'm reaaaallyyyy neurotic about memory space for some reason. o.o; I think twice before installing a program and uninstall ones that I don't use to free up space.

I spent $200 today TTwTT I kinda splurged but kinda didn't, because I already knew what I was getting. The earphones were a need (seriously, they were) but the hard drive was admittedly a want. An expensive one. But hey, a girl needs retail therapy D: And I just love making new electronic friends =D

0 Comments