Muzak?

Thursday, July 1, 2010 x 8:34 PM

I was playing an osu beatmap with this song and my musical, errr, empathy sort of reached out. The only part I like is the chorus, and it's because it makes me think of people graduating and singing together as a chorus o.o Clearly, the song is about romance (like everything else out there) but the music style just strikes me. Just like that Dragonball song from a while ago - I don't necessarily like it but it's nostalgic-ish. xD That's what I like about non-English songs; you can give any meaning to them because you don't know what they're saying :L Oh, and people on Nico Nico Douga are amazing :3



Now I've been thinking about this for a while. I sort of wonder why my music tastes vary so much with languages. I tend to listen to more pop Jap songs, but I generally find English rock songs more to my taste. Maybe that could be due to the fact that j-rock (I finally worked out the difference between j-pop and j-rock... kinda) is more hardcore and English pop songs are rather shallow. And Jap artists don't make the same sound as English rock - maybe their voices aren't rough enough? :L

But! I'm still amused by the vast difference between my music tastes. I listen to songs like... umm...



aaaand because I love the vid so much: 


I've been wondering about that for almost a year now. Obviously, it's got something to do with different countries' music and my own weirdness but it's interesting how music tastes can be so segregated yet so broad. I even listen to stuff like this because of its vibes:



I'm still curious because it's something about myself that I don't understand :L I find this whole preferences thing intriguing, how everyone has different music tastes and what you think is awful might be brilliant to them. How unique humans are!

0 Comments