English - DONE
Monday, August 30, 2010 x 11:51 AM
The granddaddy of exams has been overcome! Well, ignoring extension =D
The test was alright to a certain extent. I think I died inside when I saw the Othello question. It was so specific! And then I turned the page, saw the comparison question and immediately dismissed it because it didn't look scary. I spent last night memorising practice essays (2000 words! TWO. THOUSAND. IT HURT MY BRAIN) and they kind of came in handy. I had quite a bit of info on jealousy so I put all of that in, and included some tweaks to fit the question. Then I tried to adapt the concept of power into the excerpts. Dunno how well that went, I just know that my jealousy part sustained two pages and my power only took up half a page :L
I actually think I did better in Othello than Catcher/Six Degrees. I think I was so concentrated on trying to figure out how to do Othello that I just thought Catcher was a simple discussion of themes. The question was pretty similar to themes, and it was so straightforward and not-scary that I just regurgitated what I wrote in my practice essay. That's why I feel I didn't answer the question, because all I had was info and very little connection back to the question. Oh welllll. It was the one time I felt prepared for an English exam so if I still screwed it up then it just confirms that I have a very, very, very bad affinity with the subject XD
Now to maths and eco... eco scares me ): I suddenly feel so... unstressed about it. That's bad, isn't it? Yep, it's bad >.>