I am connected to my brain!

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 x 7:44 PM

I am very pleased with myself :3 I feel oh so smug because I managed to finish writing my English extension speech in five hours last night. I thought I'd be screwed! Maybe that's why I didn't procrastinate that much and was determined to finish. I think that if I didn't have tutoring today, I would have left my speech half unfinished to do today. It's ironic how in junior years we would complain that 3 minutes was too long, and now I'm vying for an extra minute or two. I wanted to include so much more info! I focused on stuff that I thought backed up my point but I find it weird because I barely mention the main characters of the texts :L

I was a bit out of it in photography and didn't want to develop. The teacher told us that we were supposed to develop big photos when we had all been developing small photos. When we asked her the only thing she would say was "look back at the assessment sheet we gave you, it says everything" and either didn't hear or ignored us when we said it didn't specify ==; I try to give people a bit of leeway before I drop them into my 'absolutely hopeless and annoying' pile but my photography teacher has recently started getting on my nerves ): I don't really mind her attitude and biased-ness, but I am definitely not impressed by her lack on knowledge in the subject she's teaching. Photography's a really practical subject so we do everything ourselves. She's always sitting in the staffroom waiting for people to come out with test strips so she could advise them, but it's such a minor thing that we all just check it ourselves and shuffle back into the darkroom before she spots us :L

I shall develop more big photos next lesson. Even though it's not our fault and the teacher knows, it's probably best to have all six photos on big paper if I can finish them. That means I can have the small photos for myself =D I don't like big photos though. They're harder to get in focus and some of my photos have a sort of blurry, pixelated-ishy quality D:

I felt smart because I understood what we were doing in tutoring today 8D We kind of very briefly touched on it at school last year though so I caught on without too much trouble. Sad thing is, just when I feel all happy and smart, my teacher starts us on the next topic, which is something called locus and makes me think of either a) a grasshopper or b) a steam train @_@ Thanks to my strange attentiveness, I understood most of the introduction stuff she was talking about so maybe I won't be too lost. I think I'm so lost in calculus because I was too tired to pay attention, and there's a big gaping hole in my knowledge XD;

Now to practice my speech! I'm kind of not prepared to do it tomorrow because I'm not confident in my speech... But knowing my luck, I might get called on, or I'll be stupid enough to put my hand up to volunteer in a moment of, well, stupidity ><

0 Comments