Nightmare over

Tuesday, August 31, 2010 x 3:47 PM

Let's gather some thoughts that haunted me in the last 24 hours:

1) I am an idiot. I am an IDIOT.
2) It's only prelims...
3) FFFFFFFFF-
4) I. Am Screwed. With a capital S.
5) I knewwww I should have studied that!

Yep, that was me. I honestly thought having maths and eco on the same day would be alright. That was before I recalled that trigonometry and geometry and coordinate geometry and anything else ending in 'metry' were in the test. Damn it x.x

Maths was horrible. I don't know if it's because I didn't study enough or if it was actually hard, but I got stuck on quite a lot of questions and didn't have time to go back to them. I kept subbing my answers back into the equations to check and found that it didn't work ==; I'm sure I did plenty of silly mistakes - seriously, I got two y values for one x in a simultaneous equation, and I couldn't work it out even though I knew something was horribly wrong. It's one of those moments where you're blind to the obvious mistakes. I fixed one when I glanced through the paper at the end. Note to self: 3 - 2 =/= 5. I also screwed up a few questions and I lost three marks just with that simultaneous question. Oh welllll, can't do anything about it.

Eco was equally bad. Well, it started off alright. Half the paper was straight out of the 2006 paper that I did last night. It was bad in a way because I was distracted while doing the multiple choice. I'd remember the question from last night and not absorb it, so in a ditch to save time I'd just circle the one I chose last night, which I wasn't even taking seriously. Then I stuffed up some major chunks of the short answer questions because I had no idea how to answer them. It's the kind of stuff that I wouldn't have known even if I had studied. Well, except for the marginal propensity. Our class just skipped right through it back in term 1 and I'd never even seen a propensity question before today. I probably should have paid attention to that... oh, and the extended response. I practically crammed the entire government chapter into mine. I was happy with it until I saw that 'impact of a budget deficit on economic activity' part of the question, which I completely BS-ed. I think I even got that part wrong by making stuff up on the spot. I'm sure I would be loads more upset with the test if I hadn't done the 2006 paper last night. Then I would have gotten the simplest questions wrong, like elasticity and whatnot.

All in all, today was a nightmare. I've learned my lesson: do not underestimate your subjects. I kind of tell myself that every single time XD On the bright side, getting questions wrong means that I will be less likely to make the same mistake when it matters because I'll remember how badly I failed that. The most hilarious thing is the fact that I feel I did better in English than maths and economics :L

I can't be bothered studying for bio at all but I'll feel bad in the test tomorrow ): I'll probably spend the night staring at the notes but not taking anything in. After today I feel I'm underestimating English extension but I shall deal with that tomorrow 8D

Now, if I screwed up physics, I'd be very upset with myself... becauseikindahavefourdaystostudy

0 Comments