Panic?
Friday, August 27, 2010 x 8:31 PM
The weather has been so horribly windy lately D:
Exams next week... gaaaahhhhhh! I don't have enough time to study every subject thoroughly! I hate how I can only work when I'm under pressure. But when I'm under real exam conditions pressure, I get mental blanks! My weekend will be of trying to cram a bit of everything into my brain, although that will mostly likely become focused on maths and English. I haven't been paying much attention to maths this year but since this is the yearly exam and we have quite a lot of ground to cover, I think I need to revise more seriously. Even though the topics are stuff we've learned before, I've more than likely become rusty in the thinking department x.x
I absorbed some knowledge in physics today though. I was confused about something for a long time and the teacher cleared it up. I get all sad when I remind myself that he might be leaving ):
Ms Ramsey came into our extension class to talk about extension 2 English. I've hit another wall with my units. Again. Although it could be a good thing. I was planning to drop biology right off the bat and do extension 2 English to make up ten units. But since extension 2 is a 'risky' subject in that it doesn't follow a syllabus and is entirely up to the student's creativity and management, you can't have it as your tenth unit at the beginning of the year, because you would be stuck with it if you find the course isn't for you. However, once you and your teacher have established that you're firmly on track with the course, you can drop your other subject and have extension 2 as your tenth unit. In other words, I'm stuck with biology for longer than I had anticipated. It's kind of good because I get to see if I'm suited for extension 2, and if I might impossibly develop an interest for biology next year.
Butttt since I've got this new window of opportunity open, my master plan has been thrown into disarray. Yet again. It's somewhat risky doing just ten units and I thought I'd accepted that, but if I do somehow like biology (I honestly won't be surprised, I'm very unpredictable and hypocritical), and I'm miraculously confident in extension 2 English - I might actually consider keeping both and doing
twelve units. Problem is, I don't really want to divide my attention between so many subjects, especially since English, extension and extension 2 don't overlap at all and are practically three different courses. I'm also very intimidated by extension 1 English. This is so messed up D: I'll have to walk into the experience to see what it's like. You never know, I could hate both bio and extension 2 and be left cursing throughout my whole HSC year :L
But first things first - exams. I doubt I'll get any work done tonight. If I do, I might add to and tweak my Engilsh essays. But English is scary and I'm avoiding it DX