And now we're the top dogs...
Friday, September 24, 2010 x 11:55 PM
Oh boy, this is it. We're going to be in year 12 really soon. I'm still waiting for it to sink in >< I bet I'm not going to fully realise until the HSC... okay, need to set some goals. Hmm...
English: maintain consistency. All year I've only been hitting extremes; completely sucky or unexpectedly good. I don't need to top every single assessment but I must strive to keep
all my marks consistent.
English extension 1: become confident in the subject. I've done surprisingly well this year but I was always surprised at every mark I got, because I'd walked into the exam feeling doomed. So far I've gotten lucky and haven't royally screwed up, but you lose half the battle just by thinking that you're not good enough!
I say that all the time but always tremble anyway XP
English extension 2: be aware of my capabilities and limits. If I think I can do this course, I have to commit myself to it and not leave things till the last minute. If I think I can't, I have to consider dropping it to spend more time on other subjects, and reduce the amount of white hairs I will sprout. Oh, and I must try not to feel so scared of the subject x.x
Maths: simple: work harder. No, really. I'm bummed about my teacher because she's not the best, but I ultimately decided to see it through. I shouldn't really rely entirely on the teacher. I gotta admit that I hardly listen in class or do homework. I just can't get absorbed into the lesson she's teaching ): So I have to coach myself and study properly on my own. I'll start drinking coffee before tutoring (yuck) if that's what it takes to keep me awake... even though it'll only serve to make me hyper distracted >.> So in the end, just have to ride it out.
Physics: just like maths: self-study, make sure I understand everything. It's pretty much confirmed that my physics teacher is retiring (NOOOOOOO!!) and worse, we might even end up with a monotonous teacher named Mr Noyes who seems to know what he's doing, but is definitely not the sort of teacher I want to ride my HSC with. I know already that I wouldn't pay 100% attention to him, just like my maths teacher. It's the vibe, I swear! So no matter what happens, whether he's good or not, I need to bear with him for the sake of my future and consolidate my own knowledge. That means getting a physics tutor, paying attention and doing homework!
Economics: don't underestimate it, especially the quantity of work we cover. DON'T try to study last minute. Seriously. For the sake of my sanity, future me, don't leave eco till the last minute. I beg of you. And if the exam happens to be on the same day as another test, remember the major miscalculation you made last time that happened.
Biology: I guess there are three parts to this one... short term goal: try not to hate it. Mid-term goal: try to love it. Long-term goal: try to do well in it. Although it may not necessarily be in that order. I should treat it like I only have 10 units and every single course counts. I can do well in bio if I committed myself, and I love a challenge :3
I usually don't meet any of my goals XD I feel slightly inspired just by writing them down though, to give myself a bit of a push. Oh wait...
Overall: HAVE FUN. Don't become a nerdy hermit. Hang out with friends and family - and exercise, goddamit! D<
Yup, those are my new resolutions :3
I guess I also got a bit inspired by my mum's friend at dinner tonight. He was telling me about setting achievable goals and although I could barely hear him over the restaurant's chatter, I guess some of the things he said stuck fast. I kind of like meeting my mum's friends. Auntie's ninety year old dad is so cute! He's old and doesn't tune into half the conversation, but he's like a mischievous child! He likes his Coke so much :L I was like 'DAAAWWWWW' when he smiled back at me XD I never thought I'd say this - but yes, I find old people somewhat adorable.
Oh, I almost forgot. The best quote of the day:
"What's Hitler's last name?"