Bookworm?

Thursday, September 23, 2010 x 5:24 PM

So many people cried at graduation today. It was getting quite sad, really D: Alice kept nudging me and saying 'that's going to be us next year'. I remember the concept of graduating used to be so far away and I'd completely disregard it, because for some reason I was under the impression that it would never come. I think I would miss school - not our school, but the habit of dragging yourself out of bed in the morning to come to school and whine and stress and hang out with friends. I wonder how many people will go to the same uni as me =D

Oh, I almost forgot - English was quite fun. We played Marvel monopoly and I had the worst luck ever. All I seemed to be doing was pay rent with every roll of the dice. Of all my goes, only two were on actual properties that I could buy, and the rest were paying rent and picking cards. And the person who had never even heard of monopoly before ended up winning :L

We hung out at Strathfield library after school. I tried to read The Time Traveller's Wife and failed. I think it would be an interesting book to read, but I don't seem to like the way it's written. It's not written badly or anything; I think I just can't adjust to adult fiction. There's a difference between young adult fiction and adult fiction, and it's not always the storylines; it's the way the story itself is written. I have trouble getting absorbed into adult fiction, even Jodi Picoult books. I don't think I'll be able to fulfill my goal of reading classics too soon XD Although I gotta admit: I've become more picky with books, like a stubborn critic, but I get a lot more out of the stories than I used to. Pity it hasn't helped me break through my writer's block yet D: I don't know what to do for Extension 2 English. I'm naturally inclined towards writing a short story, but it's because I write so much fiction that I know I rarely have outstanding ideas. But essays/poem/scripts aren't really my kind of thing ):

Last day of school tomorrow! I think we might actually have to work in physics and biology... and in maths our extremely slow teacher plans to go through the second half of the test again because half the people were away today x.x

0 Comments