Brainpower?

Monday, September 27, 2010 x 10:54 PM

First physics lesson today. I was pretty dead throughout the whole thing, mostly because I was trying to keep up and typically didn't want to say anything in case I sounded stupid D: I'm in a class of three with the other two people clearly doing extension maths! I usually overcome the intimidated phase so maybe I'll be better tomorrow. I'm keeping up with the theory for now but the questions stumped me a few times. I still can't figure out how to do that homework question!

After finishing the lesson feeling dazed, I suddenly remembered that I had to pay the 50c electricity/gas bill (don't ask) so I went across to the post office, feeling like a dork because I'm standing in queue for 50c. Then when I get to the counter, I discover that my parents gave me the wrong slip of paper; there's no barcode so they can't scan. So now Dad is contemplating writing a 50c cheque. Gawd, it's hilarious x.x

So after that, I walked all the way home to drop off my booklets because I wasn't going to stick around the plaza until it was time to go Parramatta. Then I walked all the way back so that's about 45 minutes of walking altogether - my monthly exercise right there. We walked all over Parramatta, wandering into random shops looking for random stuff. I like the Dymocks there because it has lots of textbooks :3 I foresee myself splurging on books in the future, both fiction and non-fiction >.>;

We were planning to watch Tomorrow, When The War Began but the movie session abruptly disappeared overnight. So we went to watch it at Burwood instead. It wasn't too bad. I read the book a while ago so I understood parts that I would otherwise have gotten confuzzled at. I like how the movie was quite faithful to the book and didn't drastically alter it; I could even pick out exact quotes from the book. There's seven books in the series though, so I wonder if they'll make a movie for each one. I reckon not :L

I've been thinking about swimming this holidays for some reason. I'm so lazy and it kinda feels like I'm wasting my holidays. The local swimming pool is two minutes from my place so I could head up there in the morning, swim a few laps and then walk home. That'd certainly wake me up. As much as I like sleeping in, I also like getting up a bit earlier to feel like I have a lot of time to waste XD I dunno, I'll probably ditch the idea, considering how lazy I am. I probably can't swim that well anyway. Haven't swam since compulsory swimming finished in year 8 >.> Not to mention that I've got abysmal stamina. I probably can't even do five laps breaststroke in one go! Not like I'd swim breaststroke anyway. Freestyle ftw!

0 Comments