Camel!

Saturday, September 11, 2010 x 11:48 PM

I ended up going to Macquarie University's open day... because of camels. Not entirely, but the fact that there would be camels at a university open day was very convincing :L I wanted to see a camel in real life! I think it's just me, but they're actually sort of cute in a strange way XD There were free rides and a guy riding past was going "ow... ow... ow..." with every step. It was hilarious :3

We went around getting free food and books from all over the campus. I wasn't really enraptured by Macquarie. Again, I'd much rather have seen USYD, but going to Macquarie did remind me that I need to start thinking about my future. I have absolutely no idea what I want to do @_@ I spent the whole night looking at courses and stuff. Uni seems so daunting D: All those admission criteria and ATAR ranks and other tormenting devices x.x

I was trying to figure out what field I was favouring at the very least. I was interested in graphic design a while back; not too seriously, but just as a starting point. I got dubious about it and ditched that idea. Now for some reason, I've become interested in medicine... which is bad news. It completely contradicts my expectations of myself. I've always followed the conclusion that I would not be: a teacher, an accountant, a lawyer, or a doctor. They're either too boring, too troublesome, or simply too hard. But, idiot that I am, I'm drawn to medicine now >< I hope this is just another phase until I spot something more interesting. Because even when I set goals, I can't exactly force myself to study at maximum capacity, and if I'm aiming for medicine, I have to run at maximum capacity. Not to mention that I can't picture myself as a doctor at all. I need to look for something average and stable D:

Oh well, this 'crap, need to figure out future' period will phase out. It only ever comes up when we get uni info :L But still, gotta start thinking. And I'm so very confused by the whole course system. It's actually quite hard trying to map out what courses you need to do in order to reach a certain career. Am I magically supposed to understand all this? Must pay attention during information sessions at school!

1 Comments