Last week of year 11

Monday, September 20, 2010 x 7:10 PM

We had our last bike riding lesson. We rode down to McDonald's and had lunch there =D The leg of my trousers kept getting caught in the gear chain so now it's all frayed D: Maybe I'll patch it up one day. I've lost count of the things I've looked at and thought to sew. One was definitely my school skirt... I think another was my school bag XD And now I'm reminded of year 9/10 D&T; I was sitting at home working on my embroidery thing and was resting my hands on a cushion, so when I was done I pumped my hands in triumph - and the whole cushion came up because I'd not only sewed the beads into the fabric, but also sewed the fabric into the cushion :L

We got our English exam marks back. I was floored by my mark and I still am. I felt the test was alright, sure, but I didn't think I'd do that well x.x I told someone to punch me twice and might I say: OW. I wish so badly that this wasn't just a one time thing but knowing me, it definitely is. Is there a way I can store my luck for the HSC? @_@

Now I'm just waiting for my English extension results. Still bummed over how I couldn't finish my second essay ): I'm so intimidated by extension it's not funny. I keep forgetting that I even do the subject and I get the impression I'm crazy whenever I remind myself that I'm keeping it for my HSC. It's scary. I don't know how I've survived this year. Apparently we're getting results back on Wednesday. I'd be happy with a regular mark that isn't complete fail. As stupid as this sounds, I don't want another spectacular mark because that seriously makes me feel like I'm fluking my English courses DX

I've decided that I'm going to try reading classics. I've read a lot of books that no one knows about and I do want to try reading something more universal. Truth be told, reading any book that was published before I was born makes me feel well-read =D I tend not to read stuff that everyone talks about. I haven't even read Narnia - might start with that first. Then I shall slowly work my way into the classics. I wonder if I'll manage :L One thing's for sure though: I am not reading War and Peace by Tolstoy. Nuh uh. I picked that up in the bookstore once and no textbook can compare to its brickness. So no. Even though I seem to contradict myself a lot. So to be on the safe side: I resolve not to read War and Peace in the next fifteen years. I shall hit the library soon and stock up on holiday books :3 ... Wait, hang on, I still have to read those extension texts...

I went to check out Discovery for free holiday physics tutor after school with Jenny. I'm still trying to figure out if it was the place I looked at while looking for a tutor last year and immediately labelled 'scary'. >.> I have to call sometime this week to take my mummy down for an interview. How intimidating D: And Jenny makes it even sound scarier by saying that lots of people dropped out because the class was so hard... and her encouragement is "don't worry, the teachers are really nice". Oh boy ><

DAAAAWWWWWW!!

1 Comments