Lazy

Tuesday, September 14, 2010 x 8:28 PM

School is such a bludge now because exams are over :3 But we're also starting to get our test results back, which sucks D: I usually don't worry about exams so much but it's slowly seeping in that this is "the last test we can fail". The next time I screw up, I'll really screw up my HSC ><

Let's see... did horrible in bio. Of course, you reap what you sow, and I didn't exactly put any effort into studying, so that's fair enough. My mark is actually really bad if I stop to think about it, but my 'meh, just bio' attitude is still dominating. I need to do something about this carelessness. Since I ultimately decided to keep bio... for now. It's frustrating how I always end up doing the complete opposite to what I initially decided. I'm such a hypocrite x.x Something always makes me change my mind in the last minute. Luckily, it's usually a good thing. I always manage to cross the bridge smoothly when I come to it for some reason. I swear it's going to fail me when I need it the most D< So yes, must try really hard to like bio in year 12. People say it's interesting, which I hope is true.

We also got economics back - well, two thirds of it. I kind of expected my mark. I knew I hadn't aced it but I also didn't walk out of the test feeling miserable. It's just the default Asian expectations; my mark isn't particularly bad (for now, still need to get the extended response back) XD I also make excuses whenever I don't do well in a test. For bio, I blamed my lack of commitment to the subject. For physics, I blamed the teacher for making such a hard test. And for eco, I blamed the school for scheduling it on the same day as maths. So allllll good :3 But I have learned another lesson - do not assume that you can study two subjects in one night. I tried to study a bit of maths and eco and ended up somewhere in the middle for both tests >.>;

I paid attention in tutoring today and didn't fall asleep =D So therefore, I understood what we were learning! Well, momentarily; I usually forget. And I also sold my Saturday afternoons starting next term. Mum signed me up for physics tutor x.x But I can't complain because I agreed to give it a try. I really do understand the majority of what we do in class, but the test just killed me. I know it was a really hard test in general, but I could do with some more practice and foundation work. I'd probably end up having to tutor anyway, because my mum (oh so helpfully) keeps relaying back to me the comments her coworkers make - which often go in the pattern of "physics is extremely hard". Sadly, I can't disagree with that because I feel intimidated by year 12 physics too D: Not to mention that I may or may not get a bad teacher if my current one leaves! DX Therefore, I willingly sacrificed my Saturday afternoon. I'm going to regret this.

I'm so confused about what's going on at school now. I've got a billion random snippets floating in my mind, like clearance and interviews, and I don't have a solid date attached to any of them. For the umpteenth time, when is the stupid clearance?! Even my eco teacher was confuzzled about it. At the moment, I'm under the impression that clearance is next term and we have to do something during English on Thursday - presumably hand in our books... which makes me wonder what clearance day is for. And I just realised today that camp is first week back next term. And I swear I'm going to forget something important because I have no idea what's going on @_@ I want holidays right now! ):<

0 Comments