RAAAAAGEEEE
Tuesday, September 7, 2010 x 3:36 PM
The physics test. Was. HARD. It was unusually HARD. Very very very very very HARD. BAWWWWWWW!
So much for feeling confident for my last test TTwTT I didn't know what formulas to use for half the questions because they were such a mishmash of half a dozen formulas smacked together. And even for the questions I actually got an answer for, I knew they were completely wrong because they were so ridiculous. For one, I converted something wrong and was staring at my answers, thinking 'A car cannot possibly travel at 9 million metres a second, nor can a multi-storey building be over a billion kilometres!' And the stupid thing is, I kept glaring at the question, trying it over and over again and trying to logically convert it. I should have done anything
but what I had done so I would at least have a more rational answer. I still don't get how the conversion works even though someone explained it to me. I'm sure they're right but I always sucked at conversions, even when it's something simple. I was just trying to convert 90km/hr to metres/sec, for Pete's sake! x.x
I'm glad that other people found it very hard too. Granted, some people probably did great, but the majority of us got screwed over. I said I'd try not to screw up even if the test screwed me over, but I did end up screwing up. So I screwed up
and I got screwed over and I'd be happy to even get over 70% TTwTT I actually studied properly too D: Whoever made that test was meeeeaaannn! I would've taken at least twenty minutes trying to figure out one of those harder questions if it was for homework, let alone at least three of them. I even stuffed up the questions that should have been easy marks because of the stupid conversions D< Some of the questions were probably simpler than I thought though, and I'll be kicking myself when we get our marks back. At the moment I'm thinking I might get around 65% but I actually wouldn't be tooooo surprised if I downright failed. Hopefully not though. Lucky the whole test is out of 75, so each mark has a small percentage. I'm still fuming about how half the test was from the motion topic (with the gazillion different formulas) and there was close to nothing about stuff I actually had confidence in doing. I thought there'd be at least one question ):
To sum up:
- You know a test is going to be hard when you get stuck on the
multiple choice
- Swearing in your head and chanting 'I'mscrewedI'mscrewed' to yourself doesn't really help your mark but it makes you feel slightly better. Only slightly, but still.
Oh, and as a gauge of how bad the test was: you know how I spent ages trying to figure out if I should do biology or extension 2 English or both? I looked at that physics test, realised that the HSC could potentially be this hard, and instantly decided that I would do both bio and 4U English to have 12 units in case I messed up physics again. I even decided (at that moment) to try really hard to like bio ):
Not happyyyyy TTwTT Buuuuttt I'll get over it. Not only can I not do anything about it, I also have a long break starting from the moment I walked out of that horrible physics exam :3 Granted, I did spend the whole trip home thinking of stuff like 'Do I need a tutor?' and 'I am going to buy those HSC question books next year and study every single week!' Of course, I think similar thoughts whenever I stuff up a test XD I might actually have to do a lot of self-study in year 12 though. Which... will mean death to my procrastinating self that I can't possibly part with >.>
Okay, things I learned today:
- I need to practice using formulas in harder, more ambiguous questions
- Always do a practice paper. I forgot to do the physics paper I downloaded and kept thinking that I would be very upset with myself if a similar question had been in the practice paper (turned out it wasn't, but I swear I saw that spanner question somewhere before!)
- Do conversions properly, dammit
On the bright side... FIVE DAY WEEKEND! 8DDDDD