Vampire Knight

Saturday, October 16, 2010 x 3:45 PM

Yep, fresh off camp and already knee-deep in anime. Incurable, right? =P

I finally finished watching Vampire Knight Guilty last night, which means I've finished the Vampire Knight anime. I'd pretty much dropped it after I made myself finish the first season and then I went ahead and spoilered myself by reading all the episode summaries on wikipedia :L I still wanted to watch it though, so I did. I was disappointed by Vampire Knight. It's based on solid cliche ideas, which is perfectly fine if they fleshed it out properly. Which to me, they didn't do very well. I think it's the fact that it's shoujo. I do watch shoujo and I do like most of the shows I watch, but Vampire Knight didn't work out because it unsuccessfully tried to put shoujo concepts into a shounen context. I still enjoyed some parts of the story. I like seeing how cliche ideas are developed for some reason XD I gotta admit that I was confused by some parts because I'd watched the episodes of both seasons so disjointedly. I tend to do that a lot >.>

I think I'll take a bit of a break from anime. To Aru Majutsu no Index once a week is fine. The completed series are the threats. Once you get engaged in one, you can't stop till you've finished x.x I always seem to pick up an anime during exam weeks >.>; I've actually watched - and tried watching - a lot of anime. I didn't realise how long I'd spent on anime until I catalogued them. According to anime-planet, I've spent almost four weeks on anime. That's... WHOA. Almost 672 hours, believe it or not. Really?! Even if I counted childhood anime, that figure is overwhelming. Whoooaaaaa... And some people watched months of anime @_@

Aluminesis's anime, manga, reviews, recommendations, blogs and lists at Anime-Planet

0 Comments