Ze panda

Tuesday, October 19, 2010 x 10:04 PM

Two hour tutoring is just killing me DX We should have a break at the one hour interval; the one thing that I actually remembered from study skills day was that you should study in blocks of fifty minutes. Not two hours head on! I think I remember seeing a suggestion box...

School still feels like a bludge because we're technically still in year 11 and haven't rolled over yet. Plus we get to leave early on Mondays and Tuesdays =D I still need to get my school books. Imma going to Officeworks with my mum tomorrow. They better have the books I want this time! I went like three times already. First time, I just stood there indecisively and then took off to Westfield. Second time, Mum forgot that it closes early on Saturday and we didn't even bother entering because there was only five minutes left. Third time, they didn't have anything left! They did say they were restocking though... so hopefully they haven't cleared out in the span of one week. I still need to figure out a filing system too D:

I watched The Place Promised in Our Early Days last night. I quite liked it =D The ending was a bit 'oh, that's it?' but at least there was actually an ending to look forward to. I was a tad dubious before watching because it's made by Makoto Shinkai, the guy who also did 5 Centimetres per Second. And 5 Centimetres was... kinda slow, boring and pointless. Sure, I could tell that it was deep because it was pointless, but I don't know how to appreciate it. The art for both movies is beautiful though <3

Oh, English extension was hilarious. We were just sitting there discussing Navigating the Global, which is the topic we'll be doing. We were talking about how films these days seem to make a point of including Asian and dark-skinned actors to sort of advertise multiculturalism. And then someone said, "Why not just get a panda? It's white, black and Asian." HAH! SO TRUE 8D

1 Comments