It's the thought that counts
Saturday, November 13, 2010 x 4:35 PM
Well. I had quite a blast making my dad's birthday card. I made him a piggy pop up card, straight from a pattern I yanked from the first site on google :3 It took twice as long because I kept running into catastrophes. For every careful, meticulous thing that I did, I would discover something extremely stupid. Like, for example, the size of the card itself. I didn't cut the whole thing out because it was easier to draw the grass in. So I finished drawing the grass, decorated the front, and then realised that I hadn't cut the card yet, so half the stuff on the front cover would be cut off. So I acted like a true genius and framed the interior of the card with blue paper, to cover up the messy grass bits I'd planned to cut off. Dad's going to wonder why I went through all that effort :L He doesn't have to know the truth. I haven't made a card in like a decade. The fact that I did, two weeks (oh wow, it's exactly two weeks) before my seventeenth birthday is worthy of respect and showering praise, I say ): Especially since I should have been doing schoolwork.
This is what happens when I actually try to do something properly:
I definitely need to start my eco assignment today. I've been putting it off for so long. I'm so not ready to dive into year 12 D: I don't even have time to study anything. Let's hope I don't get lots of homework next week, or I'll be in a pickle. I have a bio assignment due on the Wednesday after week 7 and I really want to avoid rushing it on the weekend ><