Melody

Wednesday, November 3, 2010 x 8:23 PM

There's something that's been on my mind for a while. And that would be... music :3 I'm really picky with my music. I listen to a song at least twice before I decide to download it, and even while I'm downloading I listen to it again to make my final decision. And I delete songs from my ipod when I listen to them after a while and find that they're only borderline passable. But what really intrigues me is the instrumental music.

Truth be told, I only started getting into instrumental music because I was looking for something I could sleep to. Which turned out to be pretty pointless, since I'd rather toss and turn than actually listen to music in bed. Now I've got this growing collection of instrumental music, mostly piano/violin. I'm less strict with downloading instrumentals because it's hard for me to judge. I know instantly if I don't like a piece but if it's relatively okay, I can't tell if I actually want it or not. Sometimes I download it, sometimes I don't. The less distinctive ones sound really similar to me so it's no surprise that I can't match up names to half of them. Funny thing is, it's not recognising the song that makes it interesting.

I listen to my instrumentals when I'm studying, reading or just feel like listening to soft music. I must be listening to some music when I'm sitting at home, unless I'm studying for a test XD I'll occasionally detach myself from my work/book and sometimes a song will pop up that I don't recognise. It sounds familiar but new at the same time. It sounds beautiful, really, and I'd just sit there for a while trying to figure out which song it is. I usually can't work it out. Then I'd check the name and be like 'Ohhhhh! That one!' Sometimes it's a song I expect to be good, sometimes not. And then the next time it comes on, I'll have no idea what it is again, because it always sounds different when you're in the right mood. Seriously, I once couldn't recognise Yiruma's River Flows In You >.> Songs, even non-instrumental ones, can sound so illegally beautiful sometimes D: I wonder how long it'll take me to get 100 instrumentals. 22 more to go =D

Yeah, I avoided doing English homework by musing about music :L I don't really know how I got so absorbed into music. I didn't even listen to a proper radio station until year 7. Up until then, I'd never even thought of changing my dad's WSFM 101.7 of oldie songs - probably why I feel nostalgic when an old song I recognise comes on. Then my mum got me an ipod nano for my thirteenth birthday (I was thirteen in year 7... right?) and I set out filling it up. I remember I used to think 30-something songs was a lot :L A few hundred songs and new ipod later, I'm here wondering if I'm considered madly in love with music. But not just any music - specifically my music. I love my music :3

0 Comments