Thinking cap on
Tuesday, November 9, 2010 x 9:36 PM
I didn't get to leave school at 11:35 because I had English extension 2 during third period. We just sat there talking about major works and ideas. Mr Ryan does go off on a few tangents but he's so well-versed in everything o.o It was funny because Mr Ratcliff called in to ask Mr Ryan if he wanted coffee, and Ruby was jokingly implying that she wouldn't mind one too. And Mr Ratcliff actually treated her to one! Seems like he can be pretty sweet :L I like it when teachers cross boundaries and feel more like friends than academic oppressors. Nice warm and fuzzy feelings =D
I need to develop my major work idea D: I have a couple but they don't feel solid because I came up with them on the fly. I don't know what to write in my journal either. I can't exactly start researching if I don't know what my idea is. Reading showcase books of previous major works also intimidate me. Their stuff is really good but there's a certain trend in their use of language that I've noticed in the short stories, and it's definitely not my writing style. I think the closest I can get to describing is stream of consciousness. It's brilliant when you can write it well but for a detail-y person like me, best not to roll that way :L
Going tutoring tonight was pretty funny. I had ten minutes before the lesson started so I went down to get some food to keep me awake. And ran into Chinawoman. I knew that she went UMAT tutoring at the same college as me, but I had no idea that she had it on the same day, at the same time,
in the room right next to mine. So there you have it. We've been neighbours for half a term and had no idea. She does get off half an hour earlier than me though so our paths don't cross much. I would've completely missed her again if I hadn't embarked on an adventure for food XD