Spike the Cheese
Monday, December 20, 2010 x 4:47 PM
Had a big night with friends yesterday. We played laser tag (I came second 8D ) and then spent three hours at Mizuya having dinner/karaoke. The food was heaps yummy. I pretty much ate some of everything and completely stuffed myself D: It was a fun day, nice and refreshing.
Oh, but before any of that happened, two new family members got delivered. Anthea and Alice rocked up to my place with the second half of my birthday present: two goldfish! I must say I was dismayed by the thought but I actually quite like Cheese and Spike (I played a minimal part in the naming process). We're having trouble figuring out where to put the fish bowl though. Our place is really bad for placement. Even if we make space, it probably wouldn't be the best for the fish's health. Oil from the open kitchen = everywhere in living room = bad ): And it's not such a good idea to put them in my room because I have such a cluttered desk and I don't think having my 24/7 computer near them would be such a good idea. The only place we can think of right now is near the TV (yes, that's how bad it is). We'll figure something out. Hopefully we'll get a tank sometime in the future and migrate them, because the bowl is pretty small and a tank is a way better environment. In the meantime, I might invest in a natural plant :3
I really hope the fish don't die on me too soon because I would be very sad D: They don't have the best home and owner but I shall do my very bestest (since my parents aren't much help). I'm finding so many flaws in my parents' fish-caring methods. No wonder our old fish didn't last ==; Thanks to them, goldfishies have a very temporary sense to me. But Cheese and Spike are going to last! I shall change their water tomorrow and find a permanent home for them soon! Oh, and might I say, watching them eat is fascinating. I have to watch them because I don't know if one is eating the other's share, and the easiest way to make sure one didn't go obese and the other ano was to actually stick my hand in and hand-feed them. I was dangling my hand in the bowl for ages trying to get Cheese to bite D:
So yes, big day yesterday. I crashed almost immediately after my head hit the pillow and had dreams about Cheese and Spike >.> And today I went to Strathfield library for a physics study group with some classmates. Half of them didn't show up because they probably forgot, but we did get some work done. We procrastinated heaps but we got started and set ourselves homework for the next 'lesson' XD And we came across quite a few people from our school studying there as well o.o It was kinda nice how everyone has just been thrown into this together. It's that sort of feeling that I'm going to miss when I graduate TTwTT
I can't get Cheese and Spike out of my heeaaaddddd........... <3