Wild goose chase
Thursday, December 30, 2010 x 6:54 PM
I did a lot of walking around and mental facepalms today.
Started the day off with another physics study group session. We did even less work than we did last time but it is motivational and we hacked away at some confusing dot points. We were off topic most of the time with talk about boys, people we all knew and strategies to stop procrastinating :L It's a small, small world.
So then we parted and Dad gave me a lift home so I could drop off my laptop. I had an ordered book waiting for me at the Burwood Dymocks and I wanted to look for something I could use my $30 voucher on. Then of course, I remembered that I didn't have the voucher on me because I'd changed wallets. So we had to go back and get it (sorry Dad XD). They didn't have the physics book I wanted at Dymocks, which completely screwed up my plans to use my voucher. I paid for the book I ordered without using my voucher because I figured I'd just go to the Dymocks in Parramatta, since they almost always have the books I need.
I forgot where I'd put my train ticket when I got to Parramatta and spent five minutes scouring my bag for it, wondering if I'd lost it. I seriously had no recollection of what I'd done with it o.o I gave up and got lucky because the barrier was open. And (of course) the moment I stepped into Dymocks I mentally kicked myself because I suddenly remembered that the voucher could only be used in the Burwood Dymocks ==; I was aware of it the whole time and I forgot when it actually mattered D8< So yeah, my plan to use my voucher productively went kablooey. I still got the physics book (it was the last one left) because there was 20% off and I needed it to help with writing my notes. I'll have to go back to Burwood Dymocks another time and just get a random fiction book. I deserve a good fiction book!
So there was my day in a nutshell. It all worked out in the end. Kinda XD Bit annoyed at myself but it's not like I completely wasted my time. Optimist that I am, I just keep thinking that the voucher is a bonus so no matter what I do, I'd still be getting a bargain :L
Oh and I ran into Alex at Burwood, like an hour after study group. It was pretty funny. During study group we were sort of talking about our own thing, how she was going to the movies with her friends afterwards and how I was going to check out Dymocks. We didn't make the connection until we bumped into each other so we just gave each other funny looks on the street and then cracked up :L
Andandand my (free!) deviantart print arrived 83