Take ownership of your education

Monday, January 17, 2011 x 8:57 PM

Alpha-Omega in Burwood was holding free HSC workshops so I went to the maths workshop today to feel like I was doing something useful. Considering that I haven't touched maths at all and practically forgot everything, the workshop was useful in the sense that it jogged my memory. The teacher was a weird dude - and he admitted it. He didn't actually teach a lot of maths. He just spent most of the time talking about how we need to study constantly and know our stuff really well. We didn't even do integration. So yeah, workshop wasn't a complete waste of time but it could have been better. But it was free :L

Got out of the workshop at half past three and shopped around Burwood for a bit. I bought a small whiteboard for $2.50 =D I'd wanted one for a while. Sometimes I have random thoughts and reminders I need to jot down, and writing it on paper turns out to be a messy catastrophe after accumulating too many.

Then Mum came up to Burwood and we went to the fish store (haha, fish store - 'aquarium sounds too classy' :L ) where we bought the tank from. I wanted to get something to put in the tank for Spike and Cheese so they can hide and stuff. Ended up getting a rock and a small decoration that has a water wheel that turns when you plug in an air pump. We didn't get the air pump because we're running out of powerpoints and need a new extension board so we might go back and get it another time. It'll aerate the water more, although that's not really necessary with just two fish in the tank. I'm leaving the new stuff in a bucket of water overnight in a silly attempt to get them as clean as possible before I plop them into the tank, so they'll go in tomorrow. I hope Spike and Cheese don't hate it or hurt themselves. Fishies need places to hide D:

And now I shall attempt to write a bit more of my bio notes. I was planning to finish them after the workshop today but I stayed out longer than I'd intended. Not enough time left to deal with my Englishes. Yes, Englishes. Rawr D:<

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that I ran into Cynthia at the maths workshop. Fateful coincidence? 8D She had maths extension that morning too so she was there for six hours. Poor girl :O

0 Comments