What bad luck

Tuesday, February 15, 2011 x 6:53 PM

So. In the span of (approximately) a single week:

1) Our phone line went down. i.e. no home phone, no internet, and my first time worrying about exceeding my mobile cap due to calling Telstra.

2) Washing machine broke down, which saw me scooping water out of it for half an hour. And the next day, Dad proceeded to flood it again after the washing machine fake-worked, leaving another dam in the washing machine.

3) Mum crashed her car when the driver of a parked car suddenly opened their door, smashing our passenger wing mirror.

4) The English speech did not feel like it went smoothly. At all.

5) I'm screwed for the English extension speech that I haven't technically started and which is due on Thursday.

6) I don't know whether getting my net back with 5) making me go mad is a good or bad thing.

So yeah, that was how my week went!

And nowwwww:

1) Phone and net fixed today. Telstra wasn't spouting Chinese this time.

2) Handwashing clothes for now until we find a washing machine Mum is satisfied with. She's vying for the one we saw in Bing Lee a while ago, but it's been sold.

3) Luckily the driver seems pretty responsible and is willing to pay for the damage without involving the insurance company. Of course, we wouldn't have had to worry about this issue if Mum hadn't forgotten to copy down the other car's plate number ==;

4) Blergh. Didn't feel good after it was over. And I just had to have Mr Ryan ):

5) Wellllll I've got a bit of an idea how to do it, after running around and interrogating any classmate I could get my hands on. But I still haven't started and I think that even if I get it done, it ain't gonna be good. Ladiladila, pink unicorns and sparkly rainbows~

6) Yeah, net is a distraction. Will probably turn it off and hack away at my speech. I survived being net-less surprisingly well o.o It was actually kind of nostalgic and refreshing. Believe it or not, I might actually have enjoyed it if it wasn't for fretting about extension :L I had dial-up that never connected right up until mid year 7/8 (forgot which), so I'm used to having no net. It's actually quite relaxing, albeit inconvenient.

So yeah, bad luck issues are starting to resolve themselves. But the speech on Thursday ain't going away D: Mr Down isn't exactly teaching us anything lately, even in advanced. Lately I've been looking back to our English classes and realising that we've done nothing useful after The Crucible. How terrible ):

And I'm having delays slipping back into senior mode. I fell into it straight away last term so I feel bad about the English speech and the upcoming extension one because it feels like I'm not putting all my effort into it. I'm functioning just like a last-minute, unbothered year 11 again x.x

0 Comments