English ext.

Friday, March 25, 2011 x 6:53 PM

I was so rushed last night. I didn't have enough time so I skipped out on tutor yesterday. Made me sad because I like physics tutor and I'll have to catch up. Lucky I had Mum's approval. She's been telling me to study less, that crazy woman :L I needed that time. I scrappily finished an essay in five hours and then had to memorise in another four hours. I thought I wouldn't make it x.x And then I got up at six this morning so I could practice writing it and make sure I had retained it. Gawd.

I kinda predicted the essay question. Mr Down has the tendency to pick essay questions straight out of the syllabus so I read through the rubric and had a look at what he could test us on. Didn't help that much though. I wrote a pretty generalised essay and regurgitated it with minimal tweaks. Couldn't afford to write a practice essay targeted at a specific question because it's too narrow. Don't think I screwed it up too badly, although you can never tell with English.

I ended up staying at school after the exam for no reason. Sat in the quad with friends for two hours, then went up to the library and researched a bit more for my ext. 2 major work. Quite screwed, I am >.> And then I was bored and decided to walk down to the plaza for some odd reason, so I picked up some pocky and cup noodles and trekked all the way back to school to get my bag (don't know why I didn't take it with me).

I feel free! For now, anyway. Only have physics left, and then I'm done with half yearlies! I have no excuses not to study properly seeing as I have a few days. Physics always screws me over. It's actually quite hard to get 85% in physics D: I would be happy with 80% for all my exams but eco is going to pop that happy bubble ==; Maths wasn't that fun either. I wish they'd stop putting those two on the same day ):

So now I shall try to overcome procrastination and work on physics notes. I've got four hours of tutor tomorrow x.x 8:30-10:30 for maths and then I'm going to walk down to Strathfield and hammer 11:00 to 1:00 physics at Discovery... and probably stay back a bit to catch up on what I missed yesterday. Blergh.

0 Comments