Maths + economics

Tuesday, March 22, 2011 x 6:24 PM

Man, today was so depressing ): I couldn't do two sequences and series questions and they were worth nine marks altogether. Dang. I did some desperate doodling on one of them so maybe I can scrape a mark or two. I didn't learn the consumer arithmetic stuff properly. I didn't have time to consolidate my knowledge so I just went with the basics and prayed I wouldn't get anything horrible. But of course, that failed. Other than that, the test was alright. No high expectations for me this time. 85% would be cool. My fault for not studying properly so can't really blame the test >.>

Technically eco was my fault too. First of all, I died in that exam. BS-ed so much stuff and my two essays were unstructured and blasphemous. I couldn't study properly last night. Nothing would absorb and all the content was overwhelming. I reverted back to my old junior year studying - that's 'pseudo-studying'. Glancing through stuff, skipping sections and all. I have no idea why I was so braindead D: I would've been a bit dodgy even if there were no essays in the exam, but the fact that there were and weighed half the exam makes it even more depressing. It depends how harshly the essays are marked but I'm not exaggerating if I say I would be unbelievably lucky to get 80% x.x I am so very annoyed that I wrote United Nations instead of European Union! What the helllll, brain! Something felt weird when I was writing it but I just ignored it, so now I've got an invalid paragraph in my already BS-ed essay. I also wrote protection instead of competitiveness once. Lucky I caught that one.

So today was a real wake up call. And damn it hurt. Strengthened my recent distaste for eco ): I actually thought about dropping it at one point, just randomly thinking, and then I was like 'that's silly, why would I drop eco? I don't hate it and I'm not failing it'. And today I realised why: I can't write eco essays. I had no idea how much I failed at them because we'd only done one impromptu exam essay in prelim before, which I stuffed up anyway. I simply cannot string info into an essay and make connections. My mind doesn't click that way TTwTT English essays are so much simpler! I never ever thought I'd sit here wondering about doing eco. Should have considered that before I slacked off in extension 2 x.x But just a thought: if I could get extension 2 running along, don't fail extension 1 and pour attention into bio and physics, dropping eco would free up so much cramming time. Buuuuttt that's too far in the future. Have to see how the rest of my half yearlies go.

So now I shall cram for bio and extension 1! Cramcramcram DX

At least Custard seems to be sprouting new leaves =D I'm thinking about planting him in a park or something after he grows up a bit more. He'd be much safer in nature's hands than mine XD

0 Comments