Decisions!
Saturday, April 30, 2011 x 10:05 PM
I had maths tutor at McDonald College at North Strathfield today. I realised it was the first time I'd been to North Strathfield and my first impression of it was 'ack, it looks so... English... kinda... somewhat... it doesn't look
normal D:
'. McDonald College is pretty cool. It's got unique infrastructure and the corridors kind of look like a university's. I would get so lost though D:
We had a hilarious moment in class where Evanescence's Immortal started playing out of the blue. My first thought was that my ipod. Someone said it was the school's bell I actually believed them for a moment! Then we accused the computers in the back of the room. And finally it turned out to be someone else's ipod :L
After class, I was going to cut through the back of the school and straight into the station. But the back door was locked and so we watched in defeat as the train came and went just metres away from us. So we had to trudge around the entire college to arrive at a destination that should only have taken half a minute and waited half an hour for the next train. I'm so catching the 525 or 526 next time. Then I stuffed up again when I got off the train. I had a bus in a few minutes and thought I'd make it fine. Which would have been true if I hadn't been walking towards the wrong station exit. I had to double back and when I got out, I swear the distance between me and the departing bus was the extra distance I had to walk... and so I had to wait again for another bus. The stupid thing was that there was a 450 bus in five minutes that would have been the perfect bus to catch, had I actually gone out the other station exit! What an idiotttttt x.x
I am now 80% sure I'll be dropping extension 2 English. I had a look at the assessment timetable today and saw that the next assessment was in week 4, with the last in week 7. Now, if I had to write 8000 words in a few weeks, I'd be able to do it. The problem is that I don't have the drive to write on the whole Elizabeth I subject that's been swirling around in my head. It works out well in my head but writing it down is impossible in so many ways DX I technically have a couple thousand words, but it's useless when you can tell it's bad writing. I'm interested in the idea but I'm not interested in writing it, so nothing flows ): If only I could translate the fanfiction I've been writing the past few days into a major work x.x So yeah, methinks I'll go talk to Mr Ryan about it next week and then go about dropping it afterwards. I still don't know my Viva Voce mark but it won't change the fact that it's impossible for me to write my major work.
Dropping it means I'll need to stick with economics though. I would so rather drop eco and have ten units if I was confident about extension 2, but since I'm not there's no other choice. At least I still have one unit for backup. The other day I was thinking about how depressing it would be if I did well in my extensions and a whole 2 unit subject was cut from my ATAR. That'd be pretty depressing :L
I didn't do anything productive today D: Oh well, I'll just make up for it tomorrow, since I was going to try hacking at ext. 2 for the whole day and now I'm in the mindset to drop it. I don't want to drop it, but if I treat it like I'm 100% going to drop it, then I'll force myself into a situation where I have to drop it, which I have to do if I don't want to make a catastrophe of my brain when the assessments swing around XD
Oh and here's an IQ question my dad gave me. I got it right 8D It's actually really easy, as long as you're not lazy to think. I'll post the answer next time I blog =D
Four people work four hours a day for four days. They produce four vats of wine. Eight people work eight hours a day for eight days. How many vats of wine do they produce?