Happy Mother's Day!

Sunday, May 8, 2011 x 10:36 PM

Mums should be loved and celebrated every single day <3 Today was a good day. Went to visit Grandma with Dad. Okay, so maybe the flowers I chose were a bit leafy and was a nightmare to fit in the vases. Dad wouldn't stop teasing me about how ugly they were but it's the thought that counts. I don't plan to major in botany anyway :L

Mum, believe it or not, cut her hand at work on today of all days. I was going to get up early and make breakfast for her, but she got up at six thirty and there was no way I could top that. But thanks to her hand, I had the honour of making dinner for her, alongside washing the dishes, fetching stuff from her car, letting her hog my computer for her drama, changing her bandaids and all the other stuff she had me do in the name of "Mother's Day". Plus I had to remind her to call her own mum. The irony of Mother's Day is that my mother reverts back to a child and we switch roles :L

I got her a wallet a few weeks ago and gave it to her prematurely. I've been crocheting a scarf over the past few weeks, finally finishing it yesterday, and gave it to her today. I caught an adorable video of her with it :3

Believe it or not, that right there is 400m of yarn and manymanymany hours of labour:

Lyrics Which Remind You of Someone Special
I started this lyric challenge because of you, Mum. Don't say you're not loved =P

The Best Day - Taylor Swift
And now I know why all the trees change in the fall
I know you were on my side even when I was wrong
And I love you for giving me your eyes
For staying back and watching me shine
And I didn't know if you knew, so I'm takin' this chance to say
That I had the best day with you today



Love you, Mummy <3

1 Comments