Blergh

Saturday, August 13, 2011 x 4:17 PM

I have had no internet for the past week because… I kinda knocked over my router and it ain't working 8D Hehehehe… no, it's actually terrible. I'm so used to having constant email notifications. It just doesn't feel right to not check my daily email. But having no net is somewhat beneficial to my study, so I guess it isn't that bad. I can probably survive without it until my last exam finishes.

I'm currently leeching net from Discovery. I came up to study physics (and leech net). I've actually been… okay, not as productive as I'd like. But productive enough!

Now to report on how my first week of trials went:

English paper 1: … I actually can't remember the essay question we got. I must have just regurgitated my practice essay. I know I did that for the narrative. It probably wasn't too terrible if I don't have any recollection of sitting there feeling screwed… I can't believe I forgot the essay question o.o

Biology: I had it on the same day as English and felt so screwed because our teacher made it sound uber long and hard. I thought it was hard too, at first glance. I did all the questions I immediately know the answers to, and then went back to tackle the hard ones. Such a good thing that it turns out I actually knew how to answer the majority of them. I even finished with an hour to spare :O So much for our teacher saying we'd be working till the last minute. I'd rather overestimate than underestimate a test though XD

Economics: I hate studying for economics. Have I mentioned that? It was actually good that I had biology before, because that was my first taste a 'real' exam, and it assured me that just reading my notes was beneficial. The test wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, considering how little I actually studied. Like bio, I had to completely bs a couple of questions. Oh well, it could have been a lot worse. A lot worse.

Maths: … freaking hell. Got completely slaughtered. Worst exam I've ever done in my life. It was so long. It was hard too but the questions were the sort I'd probably be able to figure out given time and less pressure. It was just way too long, with terrible mark allocation. I skipped so many questions. I only did like 75% of the test, and around 30% of that 75% I got extremely dodgy answers for. Strangely, I am most irked about the fact that I forgot how to complete the square and lost two marks just like that. I never complete the square! Entirely forgot that such a method existed . So yeah, maths was a complete fail. I just had to screw up the test worth 40%. That is so terrible. I don't even want to guess what I'm going to get x.x

English paper 2: I don't think I answered the question for the speeches module ): I just couldn't nail it. I spit out prepared essays for all the modules and just adjusted it for the question. I was pleasantly surprised to find that memorizing them was actually not as hard as I feared it would be, because I'd either memorized them for previous exams, or presented them as speeches. They were still in the back of my head so it shortened the time it took me to memorise by hours. I kept forgetting vital sentences though, and messed up some paragraphs during the exam. But then again, you can't walk out and feel like you screwed up an exam after doing maths. If I come across anything worse than maths, my HSC is going to go poof right before my very eyes x.x

I now have physics and ext. 1 English to go. I'm probably underestimating both of them, as I always do. The pattern has always been that I wind down after the intense first week of exams and screw up my second week exams. Incurable TTwTT

I swear I'm not going to do anything for a whole week after trials. I'm just going to kick back, work on some plot bunnies, get even fatter and not exhaust my brain over anything academic. Oh wait, I think I have the bio assignment to do. Ah crap, I don't even know what it's about. I should go check it out. All science pracs and assignments unfailingly ruin me. It's tragic because it's an unchangeable fact no matter what I do about it DX

Methinks I will go Discovery again tomorrow. Net leeching is awesome 8D

0 Comments