USYD open day

Saturday, August 27, 2011 x 10:22 PM

My day started off a bit... cluelessly XD; Missed the bus because I couldn't put down a book and decided to walk down to Strathfield (again) even though I had several other buses that would have gotten me there at the same time. At the station, I couldn't be bothered figuring out the difference between tripview and the trackwork timetables, so I just hopped onto the first train despite knowing it was the one that went halfway around the world. Then at central, I spent like half an hour figuring out which bus to take to USYD. Mobs of people just went on buses that weren't specifically going there and I didn't follow them in case I really got lost. I asked around and made friends with some nice people from Canterbury Girls, and we went around to finally discover where the free shuttle buses were. Crisis averted, I finally arrived safe and sound at USYD 8D

I've been to a few open days by now. This one was the most fun for me. I actually got a lot out of today. I had a quick look around at one of the museums; I liked the tomb :O I did a big sweep of all the course stands I was interested in, and also swiped books from practically every faculty. I sat and talked with quite a few representatives from several health science courses and got burning questions answered. So nice and helpful =D Also went on a bit of a lecture marathon. The lecture halls in Carslaw building weren't that great and the lighting made me want to sleep, but the speakers were quite good. The guy at diagnostic radiation was funny :L Oh, and air con and futon dragged me on a tour of the campus. I liked the graffiti tunnel - and also learned that the science buildings were rundown, dilapidated and mostly isolated from the main buildings. I'm still in a health science phase, but if I change my mind this may be a problem D: I still want to see Cumberland because that's where the health science faculty is. I'll get around to it... someday.

So all in all, I found today really useful - I was at USYD for close to five hours so I'd be pissed if I didn't XD I've pretty much catered for all the health sciences I'm currently keeping an eye on, through lectures and speaking with people at the stands. Sparked new interest in some courses, turned me off others, and overall gave me a solider idea of what I didn't want to do. Still don't know what I do want to do - but hey, we're getting somewhere :L I've progressed to the stage where if people ask me what I'm thinking about doing in uni, I can actually say "probably a health science". Progress! I'd be an idiot to bet that my mind won't change though =P

I have also devised a plan. I shall pore over all those faculty info books I snagged today. Yes, every single one. And I shall write down a list of courses I have even the slightest interest in. Then I shall methodically eliminate them, just to make sure I'm not leaving out anything outside health sciences. That way, I can go back and compare if I end up hating my course and want a change XD

After leaving USYD, we went hunting for the 4U maths class' present for their teacher. Which reminded me that Father's Day is fast approaching x.x Hope Mr KK likes that shirt :3 I LOL at Alice on the train. Haha, she bought a box of seaweed and was eating it on the train...

Alice:
*snaps chopsticks retardedly*
... That's okay. It doesn't affect how I eat.
(thirty seconds later)
*fumbles one chopstick*
Everyone:
*lunges*
Alice:
*juuusssttttt manages to catch it*
Oh my god. Phew! Don't have to eat with-
*other chopstick slips and falls to the ground*
Everyone:
............ ROFLLLLLL
Alice:
... it's okay, I can eat with one!
*stabs at seaweed*
Me:
Wait, I haz an idea
*snaps chopstick in half* (note: this is the retarded chopstick Alice snapped earlier)
Alice:
..... *picks up seaweed with mutilated chopsticks*
Everyone:
..............................ROFLLLLLLLLLLLL
Shri:
So much for 'it doesn't affect how I eat'!

Yes, I remember everything that happened. It is that vividly imprinted in my mind. Classic jinxing x2! XDDD Man, you just had to be there!

And now I am poofed out. So sleeping in tomorrow!

0 Comments