Graduation: a milestone

Thursday, September 22, 2011 x 11:59 PM

When I was little - and by 'little' I mean as 'young' as year 10 - I never actually thought I would graduate. It seemed that far away. I was subconsciously convinced the world would combust or the education system would get overrun by hippies. Whatever it was, I'd always magically imagine myself in the future without going through the process of graduating from high school. Today was a bit of a wake up call... :O

Graduating from high school is actually a huge milestone. So many things have happened. Good things, bad things, unforgettable things - it actually feels like everything built up to this day, because it marks so many things. I almost cried at the whole school assembly, especially when we were singing the school song. Actually, there were a few other points where I almost cried. I'm lucky my immediate neighbours weren't crying that much, or I would've started bawling D:

I've said and thought this a bajillion times but it still hasn't gotten into my head that I'll never see some people ever again. I say I'll keep in touch but 196 people are hard to keep track of, and even if we meet again for things like reunion, I'm sure things won't be the same. It's a scary thought D: But come whatever - time, distance, my terrible memory - I swear never to forget those people and how we all lived in the moment in high school <3

To Mummy and Daddy: I love you for putting up with everything to raise me to this day, because this is infinity times more your day than mine. It's hard to say and I'm mostly glad you either can't function technology or read English or both, but I'm sure you know this in that telepathically parental way.

To my awesome class of 2011: Instead of professing my undying love for simply being awesome, here's a piece of advice I've told most of you and which I'm sure no one will heed: don't stress too much about HSC. It's painful and all and sometimes I feel like telling it to talk to the hand, but it's an experience, not a life/death situation - and believe it or not, I don't think it's as 'life-deciding' for most people as it's made out to be. It's the last thing you'd want to define your high school life with =P Those high school days never come back, but I think it's because they never leave. I'll produce experimental results for this hypothesis in ten years' time? XD

But seriously, no matter what I say, think, do or deny imma miss everyone TTwTT

Today's profoundly philosophical epiphany:
... I graduated.

0 Comments