What a rollercoaster

Friday, September 2, 2011 x 11:07 PM

Haha, I completely bombed my maths trial. I got over it surprisingly quickly. Pretty much glanced at the mark, raised eyebrows, went 'wow, oh shit' and then put it out of my mind. Doesn't mean I didn't whine about it though :L Well, I didn't do anything to deserve a better mark, so most of the time I was kinda amused by how efficiently lazy I can get about things I don't want to do XD; Shush, I'm weird. Damn, that thing was worth 40%. Definitely going to kill my ATAR, which actually doesn't bother me as much as the fact that I came so close to failing a test. And for a subject I'd spent almost two years tutoring for (don't regret dropping tutor though). Now that made me feel bad. My mum is awesome though. All I had to do was tell her the truth (omitting the actual mark) and she laughed and poked fun at my natural affinity for being terrible at maths >.>;

I still don't have my extension 1 mark yet. Mr Down got sick ==; I'm kind of procrastinating until I get all my trial marks back. I've done, like, nothing for the past two weeks... /shot.

Going to UNSW open day tomorrow. I like to go to ease my mind because I'm disturbingly biased about universities, but at the same time I don't know why I'm going because UNSW has close to no health sciences. Oh well, I've got nothing better to do. And maybe I'll discover something =D

In the shower today (yes, I do 95% of my thinking in the shower) it occurred to me that I'm always discovering things about myself that have always been there but I've barely paid attention to. Completely wacky things, strangely philosophical things, stupid non-sensical things I say/do that I don't realise until hours later. It's actually pretty interesting so I figured I could spice up each post with one or a couple of these random things. Tiny peeks into the chaotic mess that is my mind :L

I've always liked reading and writing stories. A recent epiphany is that I actually fall under the category of people who have loved reading and writing since they were a child. I've been reading regularly since the first Harry Potter book, and writing from an age where re-reading old stories I created would be to my eyes what the sun would be like to a nonsparklyTwilight vampire. No, seriously.

Bonus fact: when I was three and on a plane to Australia, my dad dropped me in favour of accepting orange juice from a flight attendant. Oh yeah, feel the love ):

0 Comments