1+1 = WINDOW
Sunday, October 23, 2011 x 5:43 PM
I've done more serious maths in the past few days than I have all year... which explains my not-very-impressive results XD It's actually kind of fun doing past papers under exam conditions and feeling satisfied when you get the answer. Then when you mark it, you rage at the idiotic mistakes :L I have seen improvement! The first paper I tried, I got 70%. And the second paper too. Then I studied some things, got used to the exam format, and neared 75%+ and sometimes got 80%+ 8D Unfortunately, two out of three times, I either had help or was redoing the paper to get that 80%+. I learn from my mistakes? XD
I feel like there isn't much to do anymore. English was like that too. The day before the exam, I was kinda laidback. Haha, maybe I burned out. But I will never feel prepared for maths so I should do some more study. The verdict is: I underestimated my ability to compute maths, but overestimated my ability to avoid silly mistakes and completely understand the question. I should be able to get a raw band 4 but a raw band 5 is completely dependent on how hard the exam is >.> I wonder how much they adjust the raw marks.
Anyway, not feeling as screwed for maths but still quite screwed. Thinking about my bio and eco double day is starting to make maths seem trivial ==; Once upon a time, maths was one of my 'don't need to worry too much about' subjects. Then... I burned out XD Once upon a time, eco was my most hated subject but not too troublesome. It's still my most hated subject. And then... I burned out and found sleeping far more appealing. So now it's my most hated and my most troublesome, and looking at it makes me feel @_@ And once upon a time, bio was the subject I cared least about. Then... reality hit me in the face and I realised it was actually one of my HSC subjects and therefore I had to pay attention to it. And of course, I burned out too! 8D
Ahh, I am too lazy for my own good =D But it's okay, my parents know it and I know it, so it's an established fact in our household. My academics is usually not the first priority under this roof. Mum wants HSC to be over so she can finally rope me into cleaning the carpet for her. Dad didn't even know HSC was on until he heard it on the radio. And I just want it to be over so I can go back to my beloved hobbies that have been sorely neglected in the past yea. Damn joooooo, HSC! TTwTT
We have a food bowl... that smells like fish oil. Ummm...