2 down!

Wednesday, October 19, 2011 x 8:34 PM

I love how everyone is celebrating their last English exam, and I'm sitting here with ext. 1 still to go ): But I guess I never hated English. It's a pain sometimes but my other subjects are a muchmuchmuch bigger pain. *gives maths the evil eye*
  • Mod A: the question was like a reverse of my prepared essay, so I just flipped my thesis around and regurgitated the rest :L
  • Mod B: the one that has stolen the spotlight. I can't believe they actually specified a speech. Mr Down is going to eat his words - "unlikely" my ass! I have to say I'm supremely glad I did Suu Kyi, but my sympathy towards those who didn't outweighs it. Man, if they'd put Pearson or something my brain would've imploded, so I can't imagine what those people were thinking when they saw that question =/ But even though I did Suu Kyi, I still didn't really answer the question. I just put my entire essay into it, trying to kind of link it, but at the end still didn't know what to do with the "your response blahblah" bit.
  • Mod C: kind of felt like an okay question but at the same time I know there was a focus to it that I only circled around and never nailed. I did that in the trials too. I just stuck the word "evoke" all over the place :L
  • Overall, I don't think I answered the question in mods B and C, especially mod B. Have the feeling I did better in paper 1 >.>
Oh, maths, you are the bane of my existence. My aim is to dramatically improve maths in four days! And by dramatic, I mean hit band 4 and do my absolute best to touch band 5 - which ain't happening when I can't do questions 9 and 10, and also make a gazillion silly mistakes in the preceding questions DX But I will try my bestest!

Was also dissecting the 2010 HSC economics exam with Jenny at Discovery today. I got 8/20 for multiple choice when I thought I'd give it a try last week ==; Owed to many factors: I read some questions wrong, plain didn't know how to do some, had trouble wrapping my head around the wording, and was simply going @_@ at the thing. Even worse, I tried to do it under exam conditions. Took me and Jenny like an hour to carefully dissect every question. There were so many inversions you had to do in your head >.< I hate topic 4 with a passionnnnn! Plus I am just that bad at eco. Even Jenny agreed that second to English, I am a science person. But like hell I would've chosen chem :P Haha, after doing that paper Jenny finally understood what I meant about worrying about eco. You cannot underestimate any subjects. Safer that you overestimate :L

Really getting into the HSC now. Taking it all one step at a time :3


Regret is such a terrible emotion. No, not talking about HSC :L This came about thinking about my poor fishies that died. When life is over, it's just over. With my fishies, those were little lives that nibbled my finger, swam around like crazy whenever I walked past, ate from my hand and never stopped responding to me. There's always this thought that there must've been something I could have done but fish are fragile like that ): Don't know what the problem is until it whacks you in the face. But with life in general, that's why having no regrets is so important. If you're going to do something, well go do it! Don't worry if it might not work out - trust me, if you don't do it, you and the people around you will regret it. Always better to have tried!

For yearbook (oooohhcrapwhat'shappeningwithyearbook) my #1 on my bucket list was something about being a kid again XD Man, I sure would like that. But if being a kid again means I might not grow up again to be the same person I am, with the same parents, friends, memories and experiences, I'm happy living my childhood just once XP


... I had another revelation today. It wasn't even philosophical; it was completely random o.o What was it...?


This ain't it, but I thought of something else: Strathfield is really loud in the evening. The birds create such a racket. But you don't notice it immediately o.o

A song I had been waiting for came out today but since I can't find it on youtube, have her pre-release debut instead :P Which I like better than her debut anyway, haha.

1 Comments