DUN DUN DUNNNNN
Saturday, October 8, 2011 x 6:38 PM
Just over a week till HSC! I've finally gotten into a good study mood. Only started being productive this week though. Wasted like two months doing nothing XD But it's alright, I'm actually feeling pretty good about what I've done, even if it isn't that much. Self satisfaction (Y)
I've been spending most of this week studying at Discovery, staying back after physics tutor. It's so noticeably beneficial :O Stuff that I'd usually glare at for hours on my own, I can just hack at for ten minutes and then ask for help from a tutor. Granted, I've been doing nothing but maths and that's not the most impressive schedule considering English is first, and I have bio and eco on the same day as well. My maths is so bad though. Like, unbelievably bad. After studying hard, I regret not bothering to try much in the trials, because almost failing that pulled me straight down. I get so much satisfaction when I finally get how to do something I always thought was terrible though :L
Truth be told, I'm strangely laidback about having such an important exam period right around the corner. I am motivated to get good marks, but at the same time I'm not particularly stressed; kinda feel that what will happen just will. I think I might actually
miss this. I always liked studying/cramming knowing that there are so many people in the same boat as me. Uni is a whole new experience and it'll probably be pretty cool, but there will be no more state-wide panic, haha.
I'm going to miss Discovery. I've come to really love it in the past month because of the people and atmosphere. My physics tutor gave me a head massage a few days ago because I was zombie-ing the lesson XD Sad that there's almost no chance of me seeing the people in my physics class again ): So depressing how people just disappear from our lives.
When I come to think of it, I have close to 200 pages of notes from eco, bio and physics. It's quite depressing, actually. When you include my English and ext. 1 essays, it'll definitely touch 200.
So much stuff to do after HSC. Somehow need to land myself a job, which would be pretty hard. Plus I need to do what I've ignored all year and find something to wear to the formal. Plus cement what I reallyreallyreally want to do in uni. Plus get back into writing because I miss it so much.
I am awfully self-conscious about people's self-consciousness. Like, if it's just me and another person alone and it's completely silent between us, I usually don't find it awkward. But then I'll wonder if the other person finds it awkward and then I'll start wondering if it is awkward and then I will feel awkward. That is so tragic.
Our world is so structured around roads. All houses and buildings are defined by the roads around them. Even in rural areas, there's always roads, paths, bridges - something for people to move through. Of course, that's common sense (duh, we walk, not fly) but at the same time it really surprised me when I realised this o.o
It's actually really hard to determine what your real personality is. Most people act differently around different people, and one person may know you as an entirely different kind of person to another person who knows you. In retrospective, you kind of do it without noticing. Soooo... does that mean that this alternation between personalities is our natural personality? How curious! :O