On your mark!

Sunday, October 16, 2011 x 4:45 PM

HSC officially starts tomorrow! I'm not particularly nervous yet but I'm starting to feel the urgency. The rundown:

English: Essays and creative mostly memorised and timed. Writing is kinda illegible but will hopefully improve in exam. The exam isn't intimidating unless the questions are terrible, but the competition is freaky. Some people are natural literature buffs, and even if you don't have a bad essay, theirs are just way out of league. Must remember to wear my lucky charm for English x.x

Maths: Well. I've gone through the entire course again and pretty much learned everything I never paid attention to in class. But at the same time I haven't sat down and done a proper paper yet. I do have time after English to cram plenty of those. Problem is if I can do them. I think I'm going to have to gamble on hopefully acing the first 6-8 questions, making as little mistakes as possible, and completely flunk questions 9 and 10. It's all about grabbing as many marks as I can and seeing as I'm already slow and terrible at maths, a bit of strategy can't hurt. We shall see how it goes when I tackle those papers. The question 10s I've seen are pretty nightmarish >.> In the meantime, I am pessimistically optimistic towards maths =D

Bio: The most 'meh' of my subjects. Not talented at or acing, but not failing. Tis doable if it's not an extremely hard paper. Still unclear on some concepts though. Would help if it wasn't on the same day as eco.

Eco: Makes me cringe. I've gone through my notes but nothing complicated will absorb until I have the actual exam on the doorstep. My mindless doodling on some past papers has only helped me realise that I simply cannot compute economics like I do other subjects. It's always been the one I found most daunting, and the only one that can make me go all zombie the night before the exam (ahem, half yearlies). I just don't have the mind for social sciences. HSC paper looks harder than trials to me, so therefore imma get whipped. Hah.

Ext. 1 English: Hilariously, I find this one the 'safest'. I am scared that I won't be able to answer the question because after twelve months, I still don't understand the module we've spent all year on. At the same time, I know it's certain that it is set at two prescribed and two related texts, and a creative that is usually a narrative. So in a way, less stressful as Advanced but could just as easily be worse. Still, it's easy on the nerves after eco ==;

Physics: Yay! Because it's my last exam, and because I have three days for it, and because I actually have some rare confidence in it. Downside is that when physics papers are hard, they are freaking hard. But it's my last exam so who cares? 8D

Overall, I expect my externals to be worse than my internals. The end.

GOOD LUCK, EVERYONE!
Think happy thoughts!

 

0 Comments