Eggnog?

Thursday, December 22, 2011 x 11:09 PM

Right about halfway through my four months of holidays. Haven't done much in the past few weeks but I swear I will go swimming as soon as the weather improves. Stupid Australian weather. Can't even take a walk in the park ==;

High school is truly done and dusted now that our HSC results have come out. I'm going to be a uni student soon. That is both scary and exciting XD I'm happy with my ATAR. Did better than I thought I would and kinda overshot, since most of my preferences have cutoffs around 91. Overshooting opened more doorways than I needed and I wavered for a moment, but in the end I think my mind is still set on occupational therapy at USYD. Not that I'm super passionate about it - I don't even know if it's for me - but since I like it more than other courses, I think I can't go wrong. I'll go to the university's info day anyway, even though I did most of my research on open day. I'll go to lectures I missed last time and fabricate more meaningless questions :L

Sometimes I stop and go 'damn, why aren't I interested in jobs that could earn me 100K+ salaries?' Then I go 'ah, because most of them are business/commerce/science related, and I hate them more than avocados' :L Above all, I'm firm in my belief that I'd rather be in a job for the interest than the money, but it doesn't make me any less envious of the ones who are passionate about a job that brings in the big bucks. It would make buying a house and a car soooo much easier. And I'd be able to fill my place with gaming consoles. And I'd be able to get a doggie. Ahhh, blissssss 8D I'll get there eventually! It'll just take a bit longer, but I will get there!

I like being an average person. A bit above average is preferable but standing out is just troublesome. I'm constantly reminding my mum this. I'm short but not dwarfy, neither stick nor obese (yet), neither intellectually-challenged nor a genius, and there is hardly anything wow-factor about me. For someone like me, an average-paying job that can keep me alive will suffice. An average person's life is the best <3 Asians will shoot me, but I find being too successful a bother. It's very assuring and some people get by just fine, but climbing all the way up there means heaps of hard work and pressure (and luck). Although I guess the result is worth it. I lack ambition XD Maybe it has something to do with being raised by parents who only laughed when I literally <50% fail my assessments ==;

Aaaanddd it's almost Christmas. My family never celebrates. But this year, I am determined to try eggnog. I only recently discovered what it was and I'm getting my hands on some if it's the last thing I do! It just sounds tasty, haha.

0 Comments