Lazy town

Sunday, December 11, 2011 x 6:53 PM

Nothing much happens these days. I wake up and I sit at the computer and I eat and I shower and I do more computer stuff and then I sleep. Lather, rinse, repeat. But the time passes really quickly. It's like 'oh, I didn't do anything today... and today... oh, and today...' I've been writing and playing Left4Dead 2 a lot. I pretty much alternate between the two, and clicking on my browser bookmarks, and there goes my day :L I'm still waiting for nice summer weather so I can go for walks in the park and do some swimming. It's been a strange summer so far, what with clouds and rain and windy stuff all around.

Heaps of people are going elsewhere for vacations and I lose track of who's going where, when and returning what days. I'll be staying here this year. Mum regrets not leaving in the time between formal and HSC results coming out but too late now :L With everyone going to different places at this time, it's really sinking in that we're starting to go our separate paths already. No more dragging ourselves out of bed to go to school and muck around with everyone. It's not really a sad thing, just a bit profound. School is such a safe haven D:

And somehow, HSC results are coming out in a few days. Time flies so much. All I want to do is see my ATAR, not so much the actual results. How anticlimatic. Thirteen years of schooling and it's all summed up in a number, which isn't even an accurate measurement of your intelligence or anything. But you need it for uni =/ After I see how I went, I guess I'll look at uni courses more carefully and pay big attention to my UAC preferences. It seems like lots of people want to do health sciences this year, or at least from our school. If the cut offs get bumped up heaps, I am going to be in trouble TTwTT I'm a bit torn, because I almost want to do a bit of everything. Health sciences is what I have in mind right now but I also like some arts... but I don't want to do those arts as my main degree. I'll be the first to bet that I'll still be swapping my preferences around up to the last minute XD

My mummy is so awesome :3 I said I didn't want to look at my ATAR alone and she swapped shifts with someone so she could go to work late and see the results with me <3 It's so uneventful to look at such an important thing by yourself. You can't share if you're disappointed or ecstatic. Me, I'd be restless no matter what I got so I need my mum there so I can get it out of my system before going back to normal life XD

I think everyone deserves to try and find real happiness, even if it doesn't turn out the best.

Things I promise to do, like vacuum and tidy the house, I usually don't end up doing. But some things I simply mention, without promising, I try really hard to keep. So I guess I'm not an 'I always keep my promises' type of person, more the 'I said it so I have to do it'. How deceiving.

2 Comments