Cucumber Campus
Tuesday, January 24, 2012 x 9:50 PM
Heading off for enrolment yesterday, I'm amazed I didn't get lost on the way. Seriously, I live twenty minutes away from Cumberland Campus and yet I have to take two buses to get there because I don't have a direct one. The good thing is the hour-long ride hardly feels longer than twenty minutes because of music :3 I got enrolment stuff done pretty quickly and saw the campus for the first time. It's a fraction of the size of the main campus, and smack in the middle of nowhere, opposite Rookwood Cemetery. Seeing it, I already get that 'USYD-er but shunted to the 'other' campus' feeling :L But it's cool. The atmosphere at main campus is better because there are more people and activities about. I'm sure Cumbo will lighten up when semester starts and the students flood in. There are definitely a lot less clubs and stuff though. I would've liked to join one just to feel like I did, but I can't really imagine what I'd join or if I would even like it. Now I have an excuse XD I don't think I'll stop being jealous of anything main campus does/gets/has that we don't, but I'm sure I'll still come to love Cumbo (not just because I have to) =D
I made half a friend at enrolment. I've pretty much set out on a mission to make new friends. I'm 150% sure I'll see people from high school at Cumbo, probably even in my own course, but I'm seeing uni as a clean slate. I'll always love my high school friends but I'm just going to keep standing in the same place if I don't meet new people. That and I'm curious. I make friends all over the place but how does it actually happen? I'm determined to follow the process this time :L I vaguely remember meeting my first friends in high school but I wanna experience it again! And uni, with the whole new environment, is the best place to start. It's rather fun because nearly everyone is out and about looking for new friends and learning just one person's name is self-achievement galore XD
I'm so confuzzled about the paperwork though. The police check I can work my way around... kinda. But that long checklist of vaccinations? No. No way. Am I supposed to get all of them or can I use past records? Well, I chucked all those records we got from school. Do I have to pay to get all those vaccinations? How long will it take to tick off all of them? When do I have to get them done by? What do I do after I'm done? Why didn't I notice this until I got home, where no one can answer my questions? TTwTT
It's not even day 1 yet and I can already say this - uni is going to go up in a grand explosion of fireworks.