Hectic
Thursday, January 19, 2012 x 4:50 PM
Yesterday was one hot day. I was an absolute sloth. Sloth and tennis don't really go together but it was still fun playing again at Burwood. That moment where you hit the ball just right is almost worth the half hour you spent trying to execute it properly. But if my tennis coach of an uncle ever saw me play again, he'd probably blow an artery. Every time I backhand, I do the exact thing he taught me never to do XD
After tennis, it was off to Olympic Park to watch Tangled for free. According to Alice, we set up camp on a swamp :L Ah, good times. I feel so triumphant that I didn't get one mosquito bite last night. It seems insect repellant does work.
The most hectic stuff came when I got home. I got an offer for speech path! 8D Aaaand that was pretty much it. I sat there blinking at everyone who were going to other universities, working out timetables and whatnot. I spent some time clarifying that I really didn't have to do anything until enrolment day. I didn't see this coming, but this is another reason why I like USYD - they are so old school. I do not want to sort out my uni future over the internet. I must have people there spoon feeding me so I don't make mistakes. But it is exciting, seeing people taking first steps into tertiary education. It's awesome that people can make their own timetables and coordinate lectures. Unfortunately for me, I think it's all set in concrete for speech path :L It's a specialised course so my timetable will be filled with prerequisite units of study, and I don't think I will share lectures with anyone not in my course. I'm probably set up for a five day week... Time to make myself some friends! :O
Today I spotted a 'now hiring' sign at Burwood so I went back and handed in my resume, trying my luck yet again. Getting your first job without connections and experience is so hard x.x I've applied to dozens of places online, handed in resumes to five stores, and still no luck. Someone hire me alreadyyyyy! I am barely keeping my finances afloat. My plan to not use money failed because I ended up buying a workbook for the kid I tutor. Professionally, I'm sure her mother would pay for it if I asked since it's work material, but she did get me a New Year's present that cost as much as the book, so now I'm $20 poorer XD And then I deposited money in the bank for my monthly charity donation, leaving me with $5 in my wallet. Now this is why I never take all my money out. The less I have in my wallet, the less I'll use >.>
I'm pumped for enrolment day next Monday! Then I'll officially be a uni student =D I'll also see Cumberland campus for the first time. I hope I don't hate it. It's a weird thing to be worried about but I am already hoping that the photo they take for my student ID card won't be terrible - I think I'll be stuck with it for a while XD