Last day of the first month
Tuesday, January 31, 2012 x 11:08 PM
Laziness leads to blogging backlog, resulting in a forgetful munchkin trying to remember what happened in the past few days. But one day, I'll look back and think what a dorky/weird/awesome kid I was, so I shall persevere!
Saturday, I had tutoring. Adriana's mum insisted on paying me back for the workbook I got her last week so out of the sky fell an extra $20 to save me from bankruptcy. It's so terrible how I can survive on $50 for a whole month, but when I finally hit $100+ there are always birthdays, necessary shopping and outings sprouting out of nowhere, which drops me back to square one. And I'm not even splurging! D: It's like the world has something against me saving money ==;
After tutor, I rocked up to Burwood for a three hour job trial at Bakers Delight. I was amazed that I passed the interview - nerve-wracking experience, but quite eye-opening. Oh boy, the trial was so confusing. We pretty much just had to focus on customer service but the girl mentoring me took me through all the breads and stuff for nearly two hours, making me go all @_@ Bread is serious business. You've got over fifty different types of bread, most in big, medium, small sizes, some with seeds (poppy or sesame) and then you have bread that can be microwaved, bread that can not be sliced, bread that has eleven different grains and seeds, bread left to set for twelve hours before baking - serious business, I tell you! I just managed to keep up but there was another girl trying out as well and I knew two minutes in that she'd outshine me. I'm on reserve but I'll just give up Bakers Delight for lost. It is a bit 'grr, dammit, so close!' but I'm actually really glad I got to reach the trial. Having my first job interview and trial is a really good experience, and it'll make any future attempts less nerve-wracking. And I get paid for the trial =D I shall keep job-hunting but I'm hesitant to hunt right now because uni is starting to catch up on me with bridging courses, orientation and camp. Probably better if I try after I know my timetable. I reckon it'll be much easier finding a job throughout the year than right now after people just hired, so I shall have my eyes peeled! But Bakers Delight has taught me that food industry = stay away.
Today, it was present-hunting for Anthea. The amount of effort we put into brainstorming is hilarious :L I wonder how disastrously wonky my paper cranes will turn out... ahem. That is one really awesome jewellery box though. It kinda reminds me of a secret agent's weapon stash for some reason XD I also discovered the laptop I've been meaning to get at a random store. Officeworks has it for sale online but I wanted to see the machine in person. Not the ultimate laptop and I'm not drooling over it, but it's good enough for what I need: 13 inch, thin, light, not ugly. It's cheaper at Officeworks so I think Mum (for once) wants to try the online route. We shall see.
My February is starting to look very uni-activity packed D: Getting quite exciting. If I don't make a single friend or at least learn someone's name in my three day bridging course, I will sulk. Also wary about the camp in March but that one will definitely get me used to the people I'll be seeing on campus - and it's only $99 for two nights, three days. After the overpriced camps from high school, this one is almost a fling. Our school just loved ripping us off ): Seems my camp is at a recreation centre at Broken Bay, with bushes and beach. Doesn't look like there will be awesome activities but camps are always fun =D
School has just started again. I feel kinda old when I see people in uniform. I miss high school. No matter what kinds of friends I meet in uni, I think they will always be compared to my high school buddies. Poor people XD