Embarking on a new adventure

Monday, February 27, 2012 x 7:53 PM

So it's the first day of uni for a lot of people, not including me XD I'm still lazing about at home, waiting for uni to whack me in the face. In fact, I lazed so much that I forgot about my faculty orientation today >.>; So yes, missed that. I'm surprised - I'm infamously forgetful but usually have a high awareness of this kind of stuff. I guess not knowing what the date/day is anymore didn't help. All I remembered was the actual o-week in a few days, so my poor faculty o-day got neglected. Not smart, missing that. I'm going to be so lost. But it looks like there was nothing really important, so I'll catch up with everything later. Still bummed and facepalming myself, but all shall be well!

What I did get up to today was walking down to Officeworks and buying a laptop sleeve and antivirus software. I now feel safe using my laptop =D That thing is still pretty heavy despite it being relatively lighter than other notebooks. Definitely not lugging it to uni every day.

Did I mention I got a laptop? 8D

I hope USYD's o-week is good. Contemplating whether or not to buy an Access card for ~$90. You need one to be able to join clubs and societies, and it's not particularly worth it for me since I'm at Cumberland and any discounts the card gives doesn't apply there D: But I wanna join clubs! I shall ask at o-week. Already going broke because I paid for the antivirus software myself. Mum bought me the laptop so I figured I'd fork out the $90 myself TTwTT Good news is I'm sharing it with Jenny so I get some monies back, haha.

Yeeaahhhh, forgetting about o-day is such a fail. I could've really used that campus tour. Lucky I have friends who can fill me in. It's funny how some people always forget/don't go to these kinds of things. I'm used to staying on top so missing out one thing makes me feel screwed. I used to make apocalypses out of this stuff when I was little. After growing up and screwing up, I'm a lot more optimistic XD Still would've liked that campus tour, dammit. And now I have to trek to Lidcombe to get my ID. Other than that, I'm the one who forgot so my friends and I will have a good laugh at my expense when uni starts :L

Hurry up and come, o-week 8DDD

0 Comments