Little munchkin

Saturday, March 31, 2012 x 11:18 PM

Uni is turning out to be something big. It's like a new era o.o Meeting new people, stepping out of the house in casual clothes, watching high schoolers in their uniform from afar, and studying has kind of made me realise my... adulthood. I don't really feel like an adult but I can't be a kid anymore ): Not like that does anything about my immaturity around family and friends, but the public doesn't see me as a kid in uniform anymore. Depressing.

My parents have also been infected by this. They've always been pretty lax with me. If I'm going out, I just tell them and then off I go. It's still the same now, only it feels like I can go out at a moment's notice. It's always creepy and saddening when Mum says I know what I want and so should make my own decisions. Even when I say, "I think I'm going out a lot" she just shrugs and goes, "Your decisions. As long as you know what you're doing" and because I'm a kid, I keep bugging her until she looks like she cares a little bit more :L

I realised all this after I joined a gym in Burwood. I'm becoming even more individualistic, going to new places and joining things without having to think about anything beyond myself. My parents underreacted when I told them, like it was normal, so I think that's going to be the trend from now on. We're drawing the line between treating me like the neverchanging child in their eyes, and a budding adult they have to start letting go of. It's a new feeling and kinda sad but hey, everyone has to grow up sometime.

That said, I still cuddle with Mummy and play peek-a-boo with her while she tries to bite me. Every single night. And Daddy still finishes up my leftover food and talks about my childhood events like it was only yesterday.

*not really growing up* XD

Also, gym was pretty cool. I like the place. The people are really friendly and the equipment is quite new, with good ventilation. I tried jogging in the park last week and literally could not do it. In contrast, I can last longer on a treadmill. Which means that the park is more productive, but is too intense for an unfit munchkin like me. I like playing around with the equipment and felt pretty good after two hours. Weights are my least favourite. And I find the bike strangely comfortable XD

Everyone has assignments and homework and stuff from uni. I only have two assignments, due ages away, and yet I'm buried under the simple process of synthesising lecture material into notes. I'm perpetually a week behind with my notes! Before I've even caught up, new stuff pops up and I spend the entire lecture trying to stay awake. Sigh... I officially hate Mondays D<

0 Comments