Three-tiered sandwiches
Thursday, March 22, 2012 x 7:05 PM
I love having Fridays off =D It's practically official because I only need to go on Fridays three days this semester. Three day holidays are the best. I really do like my timetable this semester. No super early starts, no super long breaks, no super late classes. Fingers crossed for a similar timetable next sem!
Uni is hectic. I can see how people see it as the second-HSC, but worse. It's pretty intense but I wouldn't compare it to the HSC. They're two different experiences for me. That was high school, this is uni, and they aren't meant to be easy :L I've managed to maintain a studious mood so far but it still feels like I'm never getting enough time. The moment things start to fall behind, my studiousness will come crashing down like always XD
I quite like my course. No complaints about it so far. There are a few lectures I almost always struggle to stay awake in, and others than I walk into knowing I'll walk out mindblown, but a lesson well learnt is that I can (just barely) keep up with the hard stuff if I actually sit down and study it. But there is too much stuff to study!
Get this:
4 subjects: Human Cell Biology, Speech Science, Psychology and Cognitive Factors, and Linguistics, Phonetics and Articulation. They are split into:
Human Cell Biology: bio, chem, biochemistry etc - new topics every 1-2 weeks.
Speech Science: anatomy, speech physics and respiration - all happening at the same time, on top of anatomy pracs.
Psychology: just plain old psychology, thankfully. Although I do have two assignments for it, which also thankfully are due at the end of the semester.
Linguistics, Phonetics and Articulation: split into linguistics and grammar (in one lecture per week), phonetics (another lecture per week) and articulation (later on in the sem).
So effectively, just Speech Science and Linguistics gives me six subjects.
Can time, like, freeze? I can't get it all done even if I study a subject a day!
But I am motivated! I have a goal! I am going to get a distinction in something! Just once! Give it to me once and I'll happily survive on passes for the rest of my degree. I'm getting that distinction one way or another, dammit! *DETERMINASHUN* D8<